Author Topic: One negative/KG working inside  (Read 5536 times)

One negative/KG working inside
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:14:21 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Great game overall besides the comeback. But, why was KG taking so many jumpers. I know that that is his bread and butter at times, but he can dominate Pau down low. I would like to see him bring it inside alittle more. I am still happy with the end result. Paul, Rajon and Leon looked great out there! Keep it up guys! Ray's defense on Kobe should not be overlooked either.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

Re: One negative
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I agree.  The Celtics didn't do enough to get KG the ball in the post. 

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 12:16:57 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
kev shoots many jumpers,

problem is he wasnt hittin em 2nite~

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:19:55 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
I still want to see him take it inside more. I know its great when they are going in. I am not going to rip KG he is the reason why we are here. I just would like him to dominate inside like he did in the first half of game one! Its all good though, we held serve! Now lets grab one in La La!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 12:20:46 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
kev shoots many jumpers,

problem is he wasnt hittin em 2nite~

When the Jumper is not falling, he needs to spend more time inside.  he was more aggressive game 1.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 12:25:48 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Stupid turnovers.

Missed free throws.

Too many open 3's.

There's way more than just one negative.

But we have to appreciate the fact that we imposed our will on the Lakers and they only came back because we relaxed and they totally changed their offense to get back into the game.

We CAN NOT relax on EITHER side of the floor....focus, intensity, and awareness needs to be locked in at all times.

Very hard to do but that's whats needed.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:28:07 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Great game except we almost had the worst collapse in NBA history mostly because of our coach.

Doc is like Rondo. Sometimes he's awesome (like rallying the team in game 1) and other times he's a disaster (going small in the 4th  for no apparent reason).

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
Last time I checked Doc retired a few years ago. Doc kept reminding the guys how they needed to finish. They almost collapsed, because the PLAYERS did not keep playing. In Boston, we tend to blame the coaches way way too much. The players did not continue to play with the same intensity during the last 7:50. Let's not blame the coach all the time!

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 12:38:40 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Doc said postgame they didn't have a post presence until Powe came in.  Thank goodness for Leon!  I expected KG to come out more aggressive at the post after the 9-straight missed jumpers in Game 1.  He got 14 boards though.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 12:39:59 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'd like to see him take it inside more as well, but he's got to take that jumnper ... that's his shot, and making it consistently is what enables him to be so effective inside, and what loosens up the defense in the paint. He was just plain not shooting real well tonight, and that's gonna happen from time-to-time. KG has one of the best jump-shots in the NBA for a big guy, and that's a weapon that he has to keep honed ... whether he's on fire or not. Not a negative at all.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 12:43:26 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
KG is not a great post player, but I think he can take Gasol off the dribble if he puts his mind to it...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
KG took a total of 2 shots inside the paint.  The rest (17 in all) were all perimeter.  I don't wanna see this KG in Game 3.   >:(

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 01:10:49 AM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
they were doubling as soon as he caught the ball in the post.  He isnt a banger so when he is double teamed he passes out of it or shoots a fade away jumper.  He usually makes that shot or creates for someone. Im not worried

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 01:35:56 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
let's stop blaming others... a win is a win!!

if this ain't the best game, then there's a room for improvement!

at least the whole world know that 3 All-stars sharing one ball is greater than one SUPERSTAR!!

and that BOSTON's bench > KOBE's sidekicks..

underrated > overrated!!
underdog > favorites!!
green > yellow!!
Defense > Offense!!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 07:27:46 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
As I said last night after the game, I am not worried, but I still want to see KG impose his will on the Lakers. My guess is that Phil "Excuses" Jackson will smarten up and put Kobe on Paul so Paul's scoring could take a hit. Physically, Paul should be able to take it to Kobe, but my guess is Kobe will get all the favorable calls in La La Land. KG is going to have be the go to guy for portions of the game if Jackson makes the switch.

KG can dominate in the low block during this series.