Author Topic: Boo Hoo: Phillip the Zen Genius sobbing uncontrollably  (Read 7752 times)

Re: Boo Hoo: Phillip the Zen Genius sobbing uncontrollably
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 12:29:57 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
It's really lame for him to just complain about the foul differential.  The fouls shouldn't necessarily even out.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Phil Jackson has always complained about refs after losses. Its one of his Zen Master tricks. Somebody in the media will applaud him for doing so because apparently its part of a well rounded coaching strategy. He has been doing this since I was in junior high. If it was me I'd work on things like playing better defense and rebounding better but what do I know? I don't get paid ten million a year to coach.

He may have done it alot in the past but being down 2-0 it just seems pathetic and futile. Blaming the refs when you are down by over 20 is ridiculous.  It seems to be taking off the focus for what is really the problem with the lakers. Yelling at the refs is not going to fix those problems.

I agree. Then again we don't get paid ten million a year to coach.  ;)

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Phil Jackson is such a pain in my side. You know he mispronounced Leon Powe's name on purpose. He should be shot for that. I like how some guy asked "How come Leon went on a coast to coast dunk on your entire laker team?" Maybe it's not the free throw disparity, maybe it's that your team plays no defense, and doesn't take it to the line?

Jon Barry had a great stat on how in 5 games against the spurs kobe had 11 free throws.

Ugh, Phil Jackson and Lamar Odom on a rocket into the sun, please.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 12:41:56 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Phil Jackson is such a pain in my side. You know he mispronounced Leon Powe's name on purpose. He should be shot for that. I like how some guy asked "How come Leon went on a coast to coast dunk on your entire laker team?" Maybe it's not the free throw disparity, maybe it's that your team plays no defense, and doesn't take it to the line?

Or here is another question: "Phil, how come you can't pronounce Leon's name?  It is as if you don't know who this guy is, but of course you must, because you did prepare fully for the game, right?      Phil?  You did prepare, right?"

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.

Or here is another question: "Phil, how come you can't pronounce Leon's name?  It is as if you don't know who this guy is, but of course you must, because you did prepare fully for the game, right?      Phil?  You did prepare, right?"

It's even worse than that. I'm assuming he was doing it to make the point of saying, "i haven't even heard of this guy and he's getting more fouls than the lakers"

eff you Phil. putting down Powe cuz your team sucks... hate that guy. We can not loose to that man's team.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:19 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The Lakers forums are just as bitter as the head coach.  Boy oh boy I can't wait for them to come over here and whine.

Lakers WILL get every single call in Los Angeles.  We're gonna need to bring it just as hard as we did for the first three and a half quarters tonight to get a win or two.  And we're gonna hafta do it for 48 minutes instead of 42.  I'm already pumped for Game 3, let's rise to the challenge in their building the first chance we get and put these crybabies away.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 01:04:48 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm sure David Stern was crying worse. Those Refs won't be back.
Time to break out Salvatore and Maurer.

Re: Someone should get Phil Jackson some no more Tears Shampoo
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 01:06:15 AM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
BOO HOO making your first comment about how Leon Took more foul shots than his entire team. Maybe your team should go to the hole more. A ton of fouls were called on the Celtics but almost none of them were shooting fouls because no one was going to the bucket. You lost because your team did absolutely nothing throughout the first 3 three quarters.

Well, it was either foul Leon, or get The East Bay Funk Dunk on the head by Leon. Either way they be scrizewed.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 01:13:40 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Gotta say I got much satisfaction watching his postgame presscon.   Let these Fakers point fingers at everyone but themselves.  They haven't got a clue.

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:17 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
The Lakers forums are just as bitter as the head coach.  Boy oh boy I can't wait for them to come over here and whine.

It's one thing for fans to complain about refs, but it's another for professionals to do it.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

Re: Here goes Phil "Excuse" Jackson AGAIN!
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 01:41:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Blaming the refs. Can't he admit, one of the Celtics bench players (Leon Powe) absolutely outplayed the entire Laker team. Shut up with the blaming the ref Zen Magic!

2 down 2 more to go!

Actually, not like I enjoy sticking up for the guy, but he did just admit, (on Comcast), that Powe outplayed his team, and that the defecit at the foul-line was too much to overcome. I expected him to blame the refs for it with his next sentence, but when asked why he thought there was such a discrepency at the stripe, he said that it was because the C's played harder, took charges, and did all the things that his team didn't do.

I was a bit shocked, to say the least, that he didn't take the bait and go the "blame the refs" route with his excuses. Totally can't stand the guy, but I will give credit when it's due, and the interview I saw had nothing like the bail-out excuses that followed game one. I'm sure they'll come eventually, but he was more disgusted with his team than he was about anything that happened elsewhere.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 01:44:45 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
The refs called 21 fouls on the Celtics and 28 on the cry babies. The disparity in FTA was much larger because Leon, Pierce and Rondo attacked the rim relentlessly and the only way they can defend with intensity and physically is by fouling. You can't create a great defensive team just like that...

Anyway, why hasn't Phil called out the refs after this game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280507013

Lakers 44 FTA, Utah 16 FTA. He would sound much more credible now...

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 02:02:18 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Jon Barry had a great stat on how in 5 games against the spurs kobe had 11 free throws.

Ugh, Phil Jackson and Lamar Odom on a rocket into the sun, please.

Hey Phat Jackson, it`s called Karma...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Re: Here goes Phil "Excuse" Jackson AGAIN!
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 02:32:46 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Blaming the refs. Can't he admit, one of the Celtics bench players (Leon Powe) absolutely outplayed the entire Laker team. Shut up with the blaming the ref Zen Magic!

2 down 2 more to go!

Actually, not like I enjoy sticking up for the guy, but he did just admit, (on Comcast), that Powe outplayed his team, and that the defecit at the foul-line was too much to overcome. I expected him to blame the refs for it with his next sentence, but when asked why he thought there was such a discrepency at the stripe, he said that it was because the C's played harder, took charges, and did all the things that his team didn't do.

I was a bit shocked, to say the least, that he didn't take the bait and go the "blame the refs" route with his excuses. Totally can't stand the guy, but I will give credit when it's due, and the interview I saw had nothing like the bail-out excuses that followed game one. I'm sure they'll come eventually, but he was more disgusted with his team than he was about anything that happened elsewhere.

Don't know if Comcast showed it in entirety.  At the end of that presscon Phil was asked to elaborate further on the FT disparity, whether it was his players not being aggressive or the officiating. He said his players definitely got fouled a lot more than it was called and went into this weird explanation how the refs may not have seen them clearly--refeering an 'illusion', as he put it--because of bad spacing on the part of his players (huh?). 

He was careful not to go beyond that and make categorical statements on the refereeing but he's clearly upset with it.  His first statement about the game was Powe having more free throws in 14 minutes than his entire team in 48, then following it up by saying it's unbelievable and he's never seen a game like that in the finals. IMO that has 'blame the refs' written all over it.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 03:33:17 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
I hope he thinks thinking about the fouls and the refs...it will keep his mind off the actual game
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach