Author Topic: Rondo needs to be agressive  (Read 9446 times)

Re: Rondo needs to be agressive
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I thought Rondo was excellent

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 09:13:39 AM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Rond was VERY aggressive on defense, did you miss him blocking a shot from 3 point land, on a 6'10" guy.....? Steal the ball from Gasol's hands...i agree he needs to be more aware of where he is and who is on him...or not on him......When he rolls underneath he is usually free to put it up reverse. He did go hard into Odom also....He NEEDS to improve his shooting and his shot confidence, but he is playing VEry well still. A point guard is supposed to get 8-10 assists, so 16 is great. ( tell Sam that...) (play Eddie, not Sam) Put Tony allen on Kobe!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I thought Rondo was excellent

I think Rondo needs to take more shots from the baseline and attempt more layups on the penetration. His whole game last night was threaten to try tro score then pass, but it became clear when the lakers just started leaving him alone on his penetration attempts that they knew he'd kick the ball out. Sometime in the third he gets by his defender, around Pau Gasol, and he's wide freakin open for a reverse layup and he just kicks it out. Shoot young man!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 09:40:10 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
A 22 year old PG playing in the NBA Finals who had 16 assists, 2 steals, one blocked shot of a 6'-10" guy, and an 8:1 Ast/TO ratio had a non aggressive, bad game?

Does anyone else see ANYTHING wrong with this statement?

I'll tell you what. I'll take those stats from a non-aggressive, 22 year old, PG playing in any game ever, never mind in the Finals.

The success of this team has gone to people's heads and their expectations. We are 2 wins away from a championship and you're still critiqueing this team as if they just came out of pre-season.

Knock it off and enjoy the ride already. What are you going to do if on Sunday we win the championship, complain that the Celtics didn't win it on Thursday so that you could go to the parade on the weekend because you have to work during the week.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »

Offline Shamrock

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
The last time a point guard had 16 assists in the NBA finals was Magic Johnson.  That's right. Rondo had an incredible game.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
16 asst vs  2 Turnovers = Victory

I'll take a bad game for the rest of his career = HOF

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea, i know we all love points, but rondo played an extremly good game tonight. just because he didn't take 4 18 foot jumpers doesn't mean he wasen't agressive.

and to whoever said "he passed into some tough looks, but the other guys them, so it looks like he had a great game"  :o

wide open Kg jump shots/ray/posey/pierce 3's are not tought shots. leon powe under the basket is not a tough finsh.

do your ealize if leon made 2 of his fouls into 3 point plays rondo would have 18 assits?

that was an excellent game, and he was agressive all night, thats why the lakrs dropped, on one play, five people into the paint while rondo hit pierce trailing for an easy three.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
anybody wonder why there wasn't a flagrant called on that body check foul of i think Odom on Rondo where he came down hard.

i thought he just went for the body and while he was suspended in the air. very dangerous.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
anybody wonder why there wasn't a flagrant called on that body check foul of i think Odom on Rondo where he came down hard.

i thought he just went for the body and while he was suspended in the air. very dangerous.

probably the reason why Odom was the first to offer Rondo a hand up off the floor,he knew that it was wrong(act)... it obviously worked on the officials(no call). ;D

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
yea, i know we all love points, but rondo played an extremly good game tonight. just because he didn't take 4 18 foot jumpers doesn't mean he wasen't agressive.

and to whoever said "he passed into some tough looks, but the other guys them, so it looks like he had a great game"  :o

wide open Kg jump shots/ray/posey/pierce 3's are not tought shots. leon powe under the basket is not a tough finsh.

do your ealize if leon made 2 of his fouls into 3 point plays rondo would have 18 assits?

that was an excellent game, and he was agressive all night, thats why the lakrs dropped, on one play, five people into the paint while rondo hit pierce trailing for an easy three.

Im not saying that Rondo didn't have an awesome game, Im just saying I wish he would've dared people to guard him a little more. In the same way that he could've had 18 assists, he also could've had 10-12 if he hadn't been bailed out because he passed on shooting while the shot clock expired then Pierce or KG hit a buzzer beater. Don't get me wrong, I will take the 12 assists too any day, and especially the 16. Im just saying I wish on like 5-7 possessions that he would've either taken the layup or shot the jumper. Otherwise amazing game, esp on defense.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 10:39:15 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

probably the reason why Odom was the first to offer Rondo a hand up off the floor,he knew that it was wrong(act)... it obviously worked on the officials(no call). ;D

he went for the ball.  there was body contact.  The size difference made it seem more dramatic. 

Just a hard foul.  Nothing dirty or extra.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 11:49:43 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
A 22 year old PG playing in the NBA Finals who had 16 assists, 2 steals, one blocked shot of a 6'-10" guy, and an 8:1 Ast/TO ratio had a non aggressive, bad game?

Does anyone else see ANYTHING wrong with this statement?

I'll tell you what. I'll take those stats from a non-aggressive, 22 year old, PG playing in any game ever, never mind in the Finals.

The success of this team has gone to people's heads and their expectations. We are 2 wins away from a championship and you're still critiqueing this team as if they just came out of pre-season.

Knock it off and enjoy the ride already. What are you going to do if on Sunday we win the championship, complain that the Celtics didn't win it on Thursday so that you could go to the parade on the weekend because you have to work during the week.

What he said. I will say, however, that I wished he would drive in a few more times. Sometimes all 5 players are spread out on the perimeter and there's nobody in the paint, and the 3 perimeter defenders are all above the FT line. If he gets past his man the only way he doesn't have an uncontested layup is if Perk or KG's man leave them to stop Rondo, leading to an easy dish. But that will come in time. On this stage with his level of experience I'll gladly take what we got from him in the last 2 games. I wouldn't want him trying to force his offense too much.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Im not saying that Rondo didn't have an awesome game, Im just saying I wish he would've dared people to guard him a little more. In the same way that he could've had 18 assists, he also could've had 10-12 if he hadn't been bailed out because he passed on shooting while the shot clock expired then Pierce or KG hit a buzzer beater. Don't get me wrong, I will take the 12 assists too any day, and especially the 16. Im just saying I wish on like 5-7 possessions that he would've either taken the layup or shot the jumper. Otherwise amazing game, esp on defense.

that happened one time, KG was wide open, and the shot rondo had was a contested jump shot over fisher.

taking that junmper= bad decision

passing to a future hall fo famer to take the shot= good decision.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Rondo is what he is right now, and that's why he runs hot and cold.  He's very quick with the ball, but he's a poor shooter, and he frequently beats his man but has nowhere to go afterwards.  We saw that several times last night.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »

Offline Petro

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 6
This has been may favorite topic of the playoffs the words RONDO MUST BE AGGRESSIVE has been a topic of every series. And it's the truth but being young he has been very inconsistant that's the bottom line