Author Topic: Rondo needs to be agressive  (Read 9443 times)

Rondo needs to be agressive
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
That is by far the worst 16 assist game I've ever seen from anyone.  How many open lanes and layups did Rondo pass up?  He almost went the entire first half without shooting.

Someone needs to tell him that no one is guarding the rim for the Lakers.  Josh Smith is long gone.

Re: Rondo needs to be agressive
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Rondo had a great game.  The Lakers went on a silly three fest, that they never would have in a tight game.   
Yup

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 12:12:48 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I really like how Rondo played. Ran the offense well, used his penetration to get team mates open shots, disruptor on defense, good rebounding.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
He had some very nice passes to Powe but I thought his shoot/don't-shoot decision making was very poor.  As a point guard you have to be a threat to score.  Rondo wasn't a threat at all.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Rondo played very good. 

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 12:19:43 AM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
He has a habit of passing up great shots to get his teammates difficult shots.
Tonight his teammates were making them, but I agree, Rondo has to get more confident in his own shot.
Towards the end the Lakers were playing him to pass every possession.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:20:23 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
Rondo played very good. 

He had some great passes, but he was 1-4 from the floor (open dunk) and 2-6 from the line including two clangs in the 4th as the lead was vanishing.  I wasn't impressed.  Rondo should be able to get to the rim whenever he wants.  I thought he was much better in game 1.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 12:22:13 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
Tonight his teammates were making them, but I agree, Rondo has to get more confident in his own shot.

Thats exactly what I saw.  KG also passed up the easy shots and took the hard shots tonight.  Rondo was -5 for the game, KG was -9 and Posey was -7.  Every other player was positive.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 12:36:32 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Rondo played very well tonight, but I would like to see him attack the basket and actually act like he might shoot... He's very young and so far he's been the best PG in the series...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 12:37:56 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
i can't count how many times rondo's been wide open ....
he just downright refuses to shoot
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 12:44:35 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Thats exactly what I saw.  KG also passed up the easy shots and took the hard shots tonight.  Rondo was -5 for the game, KG was -9 and Posey was -7.  Every other player was positive.

Yeps. I saw exactly the same as well. If he just takes his open shots, things would be much easier for us.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 12:45:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Rage was great tonight ... truly. Yes, he can be more aggressive at attacking the paint, but he showed a bit of that and made some awesome passes to the post and base-line penetrations. He's got to start taking those jumpers whenever he has them though, because until he does, opponent's defenses are not going to respect him, and he'll struggle with his confidence. It's really the one big question mark with Rondo, and the final element that he needs to add to his game if he truly wants to be a "great" point guard.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Rage was great tonight ... truly. Yes, he can be more aggressive at attacking the paint, but he showed a bit of that and made some awesome passes to the post and base-line penetrations. He's got to start taking those jumpers whenever he has them though, because until he does, opponent's defenses are not going to respect him, and he'll struggle with his confidence. It's really the one big question mark with Rondo, and the final element that he needs to add to his game if he truly wants to be a "great" point guard.

its not just attacking the rim. his problem is when he attacks the rim hes looking to pass everytime. hes not recognizing the shots and layups he has available and its part of the reason the lakers came back in this game. in the 4rth quarter when he penetrated they played him for the pass everytime. every single time. rondo was great tonite. but if youre the pg you gotta recognize when your team is struggling and look to make a play EVEN if its for yourself. hes not gonna learn that this year and i hope it doesnt burn us in LA. rondo has played worse on the road in the playoffs. but i hope he learns in the offseason. in other news, i still dont know what eddie house has done to p--- doc off. its not like theres a defensive matchup issue in this series for eddie.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 01:17:14 AM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Rondo was fantastic tonight. 16 assists? That's more than a bunch of good passes. That means he picked apart the defense and ran the offense like a good pg should, while not taking the ball away from anyone that should have had it like P2.

If we continued to play D like we did in the first 3 quarters, we would have won by 40. He may not have scored 15 points, but he found Leon for many of his 22, that's a good point guard, Rondo had a great game.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 01:23:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Rondo was aggressive tonight.  he knew what he wanted to do, and he did it.  And what he wanted to do was take advantage of the lakers defensive holes he created with the pass.