Author Topic: This will be good for the rest of the Series  (Read 5361 times)

Re: This will be good for the rest of the Series
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Kareem of all people making some good points on the CSN postgame show.  This whole game was about the Celts.  When they played their game, they imposed their will and were outclassing the Lakers.  The Lakers made their comeback, but it was more the Celtics becoming lacks and letting them make the comeback.  All they did was make wide open shots that we were giving them.

I like this feeling.  We have proven that when we play our game we are the better team.  Now we just gotta keep our focus and intensity and play our game, FOR 48 MINUTES!

you know what, i noticed that too.. of all the people who should be biased in their comments, its kareem and magic who seem to be giving the celtics credit, unlike these national media etc

James Worthy and Michael Cooper, on the other hand, cried like babies, talking about the Lakers playing 8-on-5, etc.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'd take the opinion of Kareem and Magic over so called "experts" in the media.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Yah! Lot's of love from Kareem and Magic even if they didn't pick Celtics to win the series...

Kareem gave KG some advice about his game.

Magic (childhood idol of Pierce) gave Pierce some good comments about game 1.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »

Offline michael32951

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
Most of the time the loosing team in a blowout comes back to win the next game.  I don't see much negative in the large lead loss.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I think that by the time tomorrow night comes around the ending of this game will have little to no effect on that game.  Every game is a different animal.  The way the Lakers got back in the game last night was because we started playing the score and got complacent and they started launching and to their credit making a lot of desperation three pointers. 

I think it's safe to say the Celtics will not allow this complacency to creep back in their system again.  Hopefully the Lakers will continue to play like they did those last 5 minutes and throw up three pointers every time down, if they do we will undoubtedly win this series.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."