Author Topic: Playoff beards  (Read 7683 times)

Playoff beards
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Why do girls hate/not understand playoff beards? Mine is admitedly getting a bit untidy, but its one of those things you need to maintain (or not maintain I guess). Call it tradition, call it superstition, I say its a good thing, anyone else growing one or have issues with loved ones hating it?
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: Playoff beards
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 04:40:35 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Sorry Pau, we cannot relate to any of you Lakers, beard or not.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 05:04:09 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i started it then gave up when it got uncontrollable.

instead i've got a playoff swear jar. there's a lot of money in there.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Perhaps you're just dating the wrong kinda girl.  My Great Grandma was renowned for her playoff beard.

Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Why do girls hate/not understand playoff beards? Mine is admitedly getting a bit untidy, but its one of those things you need to maintain (or not maintain I guess). Call it tradition, call it superstition, I say its a good thing, anyone else growing one or have issues with loved ones hating it?

I shaved mine during the Cleveland series, and the team is playing better since then... so I'll be shaving tonight, to be nice and shaved for tomorrow.

My beard failed me... don't know how it has worked for the rest of you guys.

I have a goatee though.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
You are crazy Redz

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I just did it with my hair.  I got it cut the Saturday before Game 1 vs Atlanta and haven't gotten it cut since.  I normally go 4 weeks, a max of 5 before it gets cut again.  It's the longest any of my co-workers have seen it and my boss commented last Thursday saying she's "never seen my hair so long."  I didn't feel like elaborating  ;)
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I just did it with my hair.  I got it cut the Saturday before Game 1 vs Atlanta and haven't gotten it cut since.  I normally go 4 weeks, a max of 5 before it gets cut again.  It's the longest any of my co-workers have seen it and my boss commented last Thursday saying she's "never seen my hair so long."  I didn't feel like elaborating  ;)

I haven't cut my hair since the Red Sox won the WS.

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
Did Pierce do the same thing? I didn't see him with that much hair for a while now.

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

I've been doing something very similar (probably fortunate in that regard that the last girlfriend was gone prior to the playoff run) and just had a non-relative, non-significant-other female friend of mine inform me, "That look doesn't work for you."

To which I responded, "Funny thing is, winning works for me.  And if you don't think I buy into this stuff, you're kidding yourself."

Rock on, cdif.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Now that is dedication...
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Now that is dedication...

...or laziness

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I like my hair long, I get a cool curly afro... so I only cut my hair about two times a year.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 07:43:51 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I like my hair long, I get a cool curly afro... so I only cut my hair about two times a year.

So this is the '07 WS, right?  We're not going back to '04 on that one?  Just making sure I have my facts straight on this one  ;)

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

So this is the '07 WS, right?  We're not going back to '04 on that one?  Just making sure I have my facts straight on this one  ;)

-sw

Yeah, the '07 one. As soon as this series is over, I'm getting it cut. Would've done so a couple of weeks ago, but you know... why take the risk?

But I just don't get it cut, I get a crew cut... so I go from one extreme to the other. Maybe I'm just cheap.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:24:16 PM by BudweiserCeltic »