Author Topic: Rudy Fernandez coming to play for Portland  (Read 6814 times)

Re: Rudy Fernandez coming to play for Portland
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I'd think Blake or Jack is a fit for the C's and I think boths days are numbered in Portland.  Not because they've done anything wrong but just because there aren't enough minutes to go around.  I don't really see how we get involved in a trade for that, maybe using the trade exception that hasn't expired yet and another expiring contract?

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 01:51:12 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
This is a good spot for Ainge to weasel his way into a multi team trade and steal a backup PG. 

Ainge could of had either Rudy or sergio for free (well for cash). the Suns sold both in consecutive drafts. Rudy was actually drafted with the pick we traded to the Suns when we bought the Rondo pick (and paid brian Grant's salary). Not sure why we had to trade a pick as well to the Suns when Portland just paid cash.

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 11:29:38 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This is a good spot for Ainge to weasel his way into a multi team trade and steal a backup PG. 

Ainge could of had either Rudy or sergio for free (well for cash). the Suns sold both in consecutive drafts. Rudy was actually drafted with the pick we traded to the Suns when we bought the Rondo pick (and paid brian Grant's salary). Not sure why we had to trade a pick as well to the Suns when Portland just paid cash.

Because the C's really wanted Rondo, and the pick that they got was right before a run of teams that needed PG's.  By the time the second suns pick came around, Rondo would have been off the board (along with the other big dropper, Marcus Williams), so the pick simply wasn't as valuable.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I will give Portland's owner, Paul Allen, a ton of credit.  He's committing the financial resources necessary to buy some of these picks, to infuse his team with talent.  The Blazers also bought the rights to Petteri Koponen, who has shown some nice skills overseas.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 12:51:37 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
I will give Portland's owner, Paul Allen, a ton of credit.  He's committing the financial resources necessary to buy some of these picks, to infuse his team with talent.  The Blazers also bought the rights to Petteri Koponen, who has shown some nice skills overseas.

Seems like pretty sound investments and low risk too. Somewhat suspicious that Portland keeps on being the team that buys these picks and Phoenix keeps on being the sellers. Hmm...

Speaking of the Suns, I'd be curiuous of the Math... What cost more, the rookie contacts of Rondo, Deng, Sergio and Rudy combined, or Marcus Banks's total package? 

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 02:28:16 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Go-to scorer?

Vince Carter to the Blazers.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.