Author Topic: Train schedules after the Game Sunday?  (Read 2561 times)

Train schedules after the Game Sunday?
« on: June 06, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Anyone know if the trains run late after Celtic games?  I'm not from the area but my girl up there lives in the Norfolk/Wrentham area and she's not sure if the T runs late after the games.

Thanks in advance from any help from you locals.

Re: Train schedules after the Game Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
On Sunday, commuter rail trains out of North Stattion will be held until 15 minutes after the game. Unfortunately, this does NOT apply to South Station trains. The last Franklin train out of South Station on Sunday leaves at 11:20pm.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 10:18:32 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
On Sunday, commuter rail trains out of North Stattion will be held until 15 minutes after the game. Unfortunately, this does NOT apply to South Station trains. The last Franklin train out of South Station on Sunday leaves at 11:20pm.

Guess we'll have to drive then.  Thanks a lot for the info.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 11:24:13 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
You might consider this:

Drive to the Forest Hills Station and take the Orange line to North Station.

Parking and round trip for two will run $12.50, but more importantly you will avoid the 30-40 minute traffic jam getting out of the Garden area after the game.

As the OP mentioned, Orange line trains will run late enough if the game runs long.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
To clarify: The T has announced that they will hold the North Station commuter rail trains until 15 minutes after the game, but they have NOT said anything about special scheduling on the Orange or Green lines. However, FatKidsDad's suggestion is still a good one. With the regular Orange Line shedule, the last southbound train leaves North Station shortly after 12:30. Unless there's OT, that should be plenty of time.

And even if they don't announce it in advance, if the platform is still packed after the last train leaves, it's likely they would add another train or two.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »

Offline MattD

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 46
To clarify: The T has announced that they will hold the North Station commuter rail trains until 15 minutes after the game, but they have NOT said anything about special scheduling on the Orange or Green lines.

The MBTA did say that "subway service will be extended if necessary (if the game ends very late)."

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/whats_new/?id=15185

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
Thanks! The subway info wasn't on the email I got from the T. Good that the Orange and Green line service is extended. I may take the Orange line now.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline bannerno17

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Sorry if I sound stupid, but is there no service running out of North Quincy station on the red line?
I was making plans to watch the game at a friends place,but I'm afraid
there won't be any trains running.
Can someone tell me?
Thank you