Author Topic: I hate Bill Plaske and his holier than thou attuitude / media reaction to Pierce  (Read 34227 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Anyone else hearing 'the back page', ESPNs afternoon radio show in CT?

How did we get stuck with such an anti-celtics host like this? 

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The annoying part, the media mentions 'Willis Reed', then complains about the comparison. 

I know it's a leg injury like Reed, but you've got to go with the Bird comparison.

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
I was watching "1st and 10" and the always idiotic Skip Bayliss compares Pierce to the defendant in the Lebron commercial where "dude's fakin". He said that Pierce completely faked it and he has "the lowest tolerance for pain". The worse part is his counterpart Jalen Rose agreed with him.

If a player is in that much pain like PP was, how do you NOT take every precaution and not let him put weight on it until a doctor looks at it? Why would he even leave the game and risk any minute of time without him. I can't believe Jalen Rose would  agree with Skip Gutless on this.

Also, on the L.A. Times Lakers Blog, they are calling Paul Pierce the "half truth".

Hope this lack of respect only fuels the C's for Sunday.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Also, on the L.A. Times Lakers Blog, they are calling Paul Pierce the "half truth".

Hope this lack of respect only fuels the C's for Sunday.

There's been a LOT of bulletin board material for the C's to collect since the game last night (in addition to the previous 4 days worth of Lakers-are-the-favorites crap). I'm beyond hopeful - I'm quite confident - that the C's will be fired up big time on Sunday. Whether Pierce plays or not, the team is going to rally around him big time because of all the "faking" accusations.

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Anybody catch Plaschke on "Outside the Lines: First Edition"?  He was just on.

Said Pierce was "milking it".

Said Pierce just wanted to get off the court after Kobe "faked him out of his shoes."

What a ****bag.

What's the problem, Dons?

Watching the game couldn't have actually duped you into thinking it had anything to do with Pierce and Perk crashing into each other, could it?   ;)

Pitiful.  I'm disappointed in the Times.

-sw

Steve, that whole interview really got me fired up.  It was so skewed and opinionated and you know that people are watching it and are taking Plaschke's words as bible.

Argghhh...

Amen, Dons.  It appears I liked him more than most at the outset, but I lost a lot of respect for this guy this morning.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
You just want to drop this in there

Offline EnP24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Here's Bayless and Rose talking about last night's event:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3429191&n8pe6c=2

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I haven't caught any of the ESPN talking head shows or listened to any National sports radio. Has this "Did Pierce fake it?" become the lead story? If so, that's pathetic.

The notion that Pierce faked an injury and this somehow derailed the Lakers  ability to rebound, move the ball, and make jumpers is ridiculous. Anyone who would sincerely suggest that as an excuse for the loss should be ashamed of themselves.

How many losses away is Plashcke away from playing the "Stern" card? One more?

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The whole thing is pretty pathetic ... and not remotely surprising. I haven't cared for Bill for a long time, and this was just another in a long line of propaganda persona insignificant. Is anyone really shocked? Excuses from the Lakers, excuses from their fans, excuses from the media ... but if the Celtics had lost, it would have been: "That's what we knew would happen ... aren't we great at our prognosticating?" ... sad.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Little late to the Two Minutes Hate, but here's a good article from ESPN that sums up the whole incident in a pretty objective way:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3429080&dkte

And all those pundits are idiots with more time to fill than rational thoughts.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
A bit of advice for Bill and the Laker fans, (just a suggestion, of course):

With much affection,

Bahku
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Holy Guacamole! How do people form an opinion?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=56001

:o

Pierce is getting almost no love from Texas. Shoot. Maybe it's because we gone swept them.

Cali's predictably pretty lopsided, though most of those votes probably came from Plaschke himself.

Edit: The bright shining light right smack in the middle of all that Pierce hate?:  Kansas. Hmmmm........

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Wasn't Paul Pierce in the the best player (amoung many team mates) who stopped playing on a team that tanked last season?  Any outrage over skeptisism of yesterday's events is the pot calling the kettle black.  Sorry.  Paul was injured last night. I'm glad he came back and I hope he's healthy the rest of the way.   But for him to say he has to be "close to death" (as Paul said) to not come back somehow doesn't mesh with last season.

I share the opinion that Paul was injured last night.  He obviously isn't as adept at faking pain as the Messiah is every time somebody breaths on him.  But I have no problem with the argument coming from the other side.   This argument has absolutely no traction had Paul played the last part of last season when he wasn't injured like he did the third quarter last night after he was.

I find the universal outrage over the skeptism curious.  I wasn't around this forum last season but the forums I looked at were euphoric over the losses and the tanking last season.  So was the Boston media.  All of the media knew what was going on.  The tanking is what got this team to the Finals in the first place. 

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Wasn't Paul Pierce in the the best player (amoung many team mates) who stopped playing on a team that tanked last season?  Any outrage over skeptisism of yesterday's events is the pot calling the kettle black.  Sorry.  Paul was injured last night. I'm glad he came back and I hope he's healthy the rest of the way.   But for him to say he has to be "close to death" (as Paul said) to not come back somehow doesn't mesh with last season.

I share the opinion that Paul was injured last night.  He obviously isn't as adept at faking pain as the Messiah is every time somebody breaths on him.  But I have no problem with the argument coming from the other side.   This argument has absolutely no traction had Paul played the last part of last season when he wasn't injured like he did the third quarter last night after he was.

I find the universal outrage over the skeptism curious.  I wasn't around this forum last season but the forums I looked at were euphoric over the losses and the tanking last season.  So was the Boston media.  All of the media knew what was going on.  The tanking is what got this team to the Finals in the first place. 

See that argument makes no sense. Pierce stated himself he is not trying to be a hero and would not play if the circumstances were not so great. He is in the NBA Finals. That was a mid december game, why would he play through an injury in mid december that could possibly cause a more serious injury. He wants to win the finals so it makes since that he would risk his health at his best chance at a title.