Author Topic: I hate Bill Plaske and his holier than thou attuitude / media reaction to Pierce  (Read 34247 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The annoying part, the media mentions 'Willis Reed', then complains about the comparison. 

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
here's the two things that tick me off the most about plaski and his ilks coverage.

1) they harp on "what a joke, how dare this be compared to willis reed, he's faking!"

ummmm...you compared him to reed, not pierce. when asked that retarded question after the game, he quickly said "it was nothing liek that" and explained his thought process.

Don't write a story about a guy, then critciz the guy for YOUR STORY ANGLE. honestly.

2) if you read between the lines, most of the "faking it" writer hacks are mad that pierce came back with energy. so, if you read between the lines, if he had faked hobbling around, he would have been a hero.

the NBA media: where "you wern't selling it enough" happens.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
if you are in an anti bill plaschke mood, please click on the link below where the guys from FJM do a number on his brutal columns.

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search/label/bill%20plaschke
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Offline Mon

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Maybe when the Celtics are crowned champs during the celebration, Pierce can pull a Deion Sanders and dump ice water on Platschke...just like Tim McCarver got.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wonder if there is any corrolation to the fact that all the moronic writers who were singing the praises of the Lakers and saying how they would destroy the Celtics are the same guys who are saying that Pierce faked his injury?

I guess it's pretty easy to accuse a possibly seriously injured player of faking an injury, for whatever reason I don't know why, than it is to admit that you now have egg all over your face because you were so completely and utterly wrong about what would happen.

I think a lot of these guys just had a flashback to the two regular season games and after watching last night's game realize that the Celtics are probably the better team after all. So I guess they figured, let's jump all over a heroic effort by Paul Pierce rather than saying that the Celtics are a lot better than we thought.

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
"Paul Pierce, the Boston Celtics captain, was carried from the opening game of the NBA Finals in the third quarter Thursday with an apparent serious knee injury that momentarily deadened and distracted the Lakers."

Oh really Bill, it distracted the Lakers??  How do you think the Celtics felt.  Their leader who had gotten through the closeout games of the last two series was in immense pain on the floor.  I think that might've distracted them just a bit as well.  You've proven that you know nothing about knees, basketball, and apparently just human emotions in general.

I feel really bad for the Lakers that they were so distracted because the other team's captain was hurt, get a life you moron.

Exactly. I feel very good about the Celtics chances with how easily the Lakers get distracted. Really annoying that some of the media think it is the Pierces injury that cost them the game not the Lakers bad play. If the Celtics had lost and Kobe got hurt and returned would they say the same thing? NO

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think its disgusting and sickening that people in the media would question if a player was faking an injury in a situation like this. A lot of these "journalists" should be looking for a new line of work as they clearly are incapable of doing a crediable job in this field.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Anybody catch Plaschke on "Outside the Lines: First Edition"?  He was just on.

Said Pierce was "milking it".

Said Pierce just wanted to get off the court after Kobe "faked him out of his shoes."

What a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
That was ridiculous. He said Kobe made a move that faked Pierce out of his jock and Pierce fell to the ground in embarassment and milked it. How did he not see that the injury was when Pierce got stepped on my Perkins. ESPN is such a joke that they have this moron who can't state basic facts telling the viewing public his skewed view of what happened. Even worse he used it as an excuse of why the Lakers were distracted and lost the game. That really p---es me off.

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Said Pierce just wanted to get off the court after Kobe "faked him out of his shoes."

What a ****bag.

What's the problem, Dons?

Watching the game couldn't have actually duped you into thinking it had anything to do with Pierce and Perk crashing into each other, could it?   ;)

Pitiful.  I'm disappointed in the Times.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why do these people have jobs? I seriously want to know.

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

What a ****bag.

Yeah I just saw that...that really made me mad.

First of all, Kobe didn't fake him out haha.  He just made a good fallaway shot and Perkins landed on his leg.  I have no idea what game he was watching that he faked him out.

Second of all, I think Plaschke just needs to vent and get his frustrations out.  He pretty much guaranteed an easy series win for the Lakers and he's just mad that they lost.

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
"Paul Pierce, the Boston Celtics captain, was carried from the opening game of the NBA Finals in the third quarter Thursday with an apparent serious knee injury that momentarily deadened and distracted the Lakers."

Oh really Bill, it distracted the Lakers??  How do you think the Celtics felt.  Their leader who had gotten through the closeout games of the last two series was in immense pain on the floor.  I think that might've distracted them just a bit as well.  You've proven that you know nothing about knees, basketball, and apparently just human emotions in general.

I feel really bad for the Lakers that they were so distracted because the other team's captain was hurt, get a life you moron.

Exactly. I feel very good about the Celtics chances with how easily the Lakers get distracted. Really annoying that some of the media think it is the Pierces injury that cost them the game not the Lakers bad play. If the Celtics had lost and Kobe got hurt and returned would they say the same thing? NO

Just the fact that someone would insinuate that an injury to a team's 2nd best player and best scorer would be a detriment to the team playing against the team with the injured star is beyond ridiculous. The worst thing is that all the Faker fans will latch onto what Plaske said, stating it as fact when in fact it is complete and utter bull****.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

What a ****bag.

What's the problem, Dons?

Watching the game couldn't have actually duped you into thinking it had anything to do with Pierce and Perk crashing into each other, could it?   ;)

Pitiful.  I'm disappointed in the Times.

-sw

Steve, that whole interview really got me fired up.  It was so skewed and opinionated and you know that people are watching it and are taking Plaschke's words as bible.

Argghhh...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3428495&categoryId=2459788&n8pe6c=1

watch this.. its leglers take on pierce.. and click on the links there on the breakdown of magic et al on the game.. pretty good stuff