Author Topic: I hate Bill Plaske and his holier than thou attuitude / media reaction to Pierce  (Read 34235 times)

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
If this guy happens to be writing in Europe about soccer, he'd be asking for government protection after the very first article. Quit the Cosmopolitans already and man up. I see nothing so wrong about fans going hyperbolic and over-bilious on their venting and ruminations. Not my kind of thing, but it's part of the game.

Well done Celtics fans for calling out this arrogant poseur. Now he should write an article about how paranoid are Lakers fans, believing that Pierce faked his injury and that rims are tighter in the Garden. Oh wait, he's one of those nut jobs...

Offline Fastbreak

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
aQua good to see you haven't changed  :) Plaschke is the P.T. Barnum of sports journalist (although he does have stiff competition)..he knew in advance the reaction he would create..I'm sure he recieved threats, probably from the same foiks that threaten all journalist, DJs, TV personalities, etc...Plaschke should have asked "WWJMD" ? What would Jim McKay Do ?

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He wants to do anything but write about how the Lakers played. 

Two articles since the game, one on Pierce and one of Celtics fans.

not one on the Lakers rebounding struggles, the Lakers great offense being overwhelmed in the 2nd half, or Kobe's continued struggle against the Celtics or in the Finals. 

Writer denial.

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
He wants to do anything but write about how the Lakers played. 

Two articles since the game, one on Pierce and one of Celtics fans.

not one on the Lakers rebounding struggles, the Lakers great offense being overwhelmed in the 2nd half, or Kobe's continued struggle against the Celtics or in the Finals. 

That's the elephant in the room, isn't it? Actually commenting on the game is far too depressing from a Laker perspective, especially when almost everyone out there was certain the LA would handle Boston with ease.   

Back to Plashcke, I'm not quite as upset as I was a few days ago. I feel sorry for him. He's clearly suffering from some form of dementia, most likely the result of an untreated STD. There's no way a sane person would watch a 260 lb man fall on someone's leg and come to the conclusion that the person was milking an injury after being "faked out of his kneecap". There's no way somebody could point to that as an excuse for the other team choking in the 4th quarter. It doesn't make any sense. There's no way a reasonable human being would cherry pick a few E-mails and decide that it defined an entire region of the country. I mean, if someone goes out of there way to incite an entire fan base by distorting the truth for the purposes of making themselves the story, they have to be crazy, right? Well crazy, or a scumbag. I'm leaning towards crazy as of now.......

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Let me get this straight. He is waiting for an apology from that fan but offers no apology to Paul Pierce.

Either he is a hypocrite or the village idiot or both. 

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Let me get this straight. He is waiting for an apology from that fan but offers no apology to Paul Pierce.

Either he is a hypocrite or the village idiot or both. 

I'm leaning towards both.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I wonder what Plasckhe's next article will be about. I'm sure he won't disappoint. I foresee a headline something like "Reffing was foul" and of course he will put in a line about somehow being vindicated about Paul Pierce.