Author Topic: I hate Bill Plaske and his holier than thou attuitude / media reaction to Pierce  (Read 34241 times)

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
So, here's Billy boy's take on it

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke6-2008jun06,0,5079539.column

now, i've always known he was a hack, and one of my least favroite writers, but to accuse paul of faking it in some mastermind like plan to get the lakers to not cover him? a couple things because i'm so angry.

1) even if he wasen't that hurt, why does that excuse the lakers from not covering him Billy? they left him wide open, might want to gaurd a guy at the three point line. This is typical LA attuitiude. "oh, he must have been faking, look how well he shot, it's not our fault we didn't cover him on TWO SUCCESIVE SHOT ATTEMPTS"

its always everyone's fault but yours out in LA, and Bill is no exception.

2) Mabey you should, i don't know, call someone at the arena before you say pierce will be perfectly fine for game 2 and was faking. I wish that was true you fat walrus, if it was i wouldn't be sweating reports like the following, from a real reporter who bothered to do research.

from sheridan:

After the game, Pierce was walking with a pronounced limp as he exited the postgame interview room and headed back to the locker room, but some 45 minutes later the injury was clearly bothering him more.

As he walked to his car, Pierce was still wearing his warm-ups. The snaps along the right side were hanging open, revealing a wrapping of several ace bandages from the bottom of his calf to the top of his thigh, an additional layer of white tape wrapped around the lower half of his hamstring, ending just above his knee.

Pierce's feet moved no more than 12 inches with each step, and as you watched him begin to navigate the four flights of stairs from the locker room level to the players' parking lot, you couldn't help but wonder exactly how much adrenalin had fueled his comeback. The knee injury could also keep him out of Game 2 or, at the very least, reduce his effectiveness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080606

Keep on with the LA attuitude though bill, it was all a trick played on your LA lakers. nothing is thier fault, they got suckered by an academy award winning preformance right buddy?

Keep on thinking that excuses them from being out rebounded by 13, destroyed defensivly in the fourth, and not hustling after loose balls while a 38 year old center on our side out works fisher and your supposed "high energy guy" tariff.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:46:57 AM by Roy Hobbs »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Agreed, Plaske is an idiot, as are many in the media today who are speculating that Pierce was faking / exaggerating.

On another note, from Sheridan's column:

... as you watched him begin to navigate the four flights of stairs from the locker room level to the players' parking lot ...

Huh?  Don't they have elevators at the Garden?  They were having Pierce walk down four flights of stairs after his injury?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Self-appointed media experts don't like to be proven wrong.

With that said, I remain quite worried about Pierce. The knee has the potential to be much worse today.

Please keep on top of that, fellas. I'll be checking in all day.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Guys/Girls...

Let's not even waste our time talking about Billy the Duck. The guy is a fool and it is evident watching Around the Horn. His goal is to get all of us to talk about his dumb column and what a fool he is. If Kobe had returned to the game after getting injured the entire media would have bowed at his feet and kissed his ring. People just do not want Boston to succeed. We just need to understand it. If the Celtics win this series, the "Paul Pierce Moment" will go down in Celtics lore just like many great moments of Celtics past! Screw Plaske!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
If you want to let Billy Boy know how you feel:

bill.plaschke@latimes.com
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

Offline DivingCowens

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Pride, Baby. Pride!
My letter to Bill:

"Do you actually think a player like Pierce would put the forethought into 'faking' such an injury when he has been waiting his entire career for this?  You are a bigger homer than Bob Ryan, Tommy Heinson, and Cousy wrapped into one!  The sad part is, you used to be one of my favorite pundits, but this article today is simply disgusting.  After all the crap you were talking to Ryan in the pre-game ('Best coach, best player, wait, they are both on the same team') and then getting spanked, how about just a little respect instead of such a blatantly bitter piece.  You should be ashamed of yourself."

This guy makes me sick.

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
usually things things get under my skin, but right now, i say who cares? we are in the nba finals. i do not care about laker fans trash talking, dumb writers, anything else. best out of 7, first team to 4 wins. we are up 1-0.

anything else, as kramer would say, is water on a bridge.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Plaschke is and always has been a moron. Ignore anything he says.

Offline PaulBonner

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
usually things things get under my skin, but right now, i say who cares? we are in the nba finals. i do not care about laker fans trash talking, dumb writers, anything else. best out of 7, first team to 4 wins. we are up 1-0.

*Water NEAR a bridge

And I agree... while I hope he is right Pierce was clearly in a good deal of pain. As Garnett said last night after the game, this is a guy who plays through pain, plays hurt, does whatever he needs to help his team win. I just hope a few days of ice and rest will allow him to be ready for game 3.

This was Plaske's goal all along, by the way... get people talking about him. What a jackass.

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163

*Water NEAR a bridge

And I agree... while I hope he is right Pierce was clearly in a good deal of pain. As Garnett said last night after the game, this is a guy who plays through pain, plays hurt, does whatever he needs to help his team win. I just hope a few days of ice and rest will allow him to be ready for game 3.

This was Plaske's goal all along, by the way... get people talking about him. What a jackass.

you are right, it is water near a bridge. my bad!

i can see why BP is upset. it is not like the lakers start a point guard who hid behind his child's serious illness to weasel out of a contract and get back on the lakers or anything.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
it is not like the lakers start a point guard who hid behind his child's serious illness to weasel out of a contract and get back on the lakers or anything.

Let's not go there, please.  Last time the board had this discussion, for whatever reason it turned nasty.  I'd rather not repeat that.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I asked this elsewhere to Laker's fans

'what kind of stradegy takes the player that has finally gotten hot and has him pretend to be injured, thus taking him off the floor?  How does that help the team getting back into the game?'

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
He's just ticked that the Lakers lost.  He had said last week that the Celtics had no shot at beating the Lakers.

I guess he thought that if Paul hadn't "faked" his injury the Lakers would have won. ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
People! Paul Pierce is really hurt. The Celtics really don't know how bad it is until he get's it check out today.  Last night Paul was telling everyone it was a sprain but that could all change for the worst today.  I'm waiting on my blackburry to ring at somepoint today with the good or bad news.  

The way Paul look after the game was good.  He look like he was really scared after the game. As for game 2 lets be thankful it's two days away and not tomorrow. By the way Paul was looking after the game, he has me scared.    

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Meh, that`s probably the worst trash-talking I´ve ever seen.

Does anyone really think the Hero, Captain aaaaaand the Truth would fake an injury in game one of his first NBA finals ever? He was hot, why should he fake anything?

What are the benefits of faking an injury?
To fire the crowd up? The crowd was fired up. If anything, they lost a bit of enthusiasm with PP going to the locker.

To prove he`s a tough guy? The same guy who came back after the stabbing? Please...

Paul Pierce is the Truth, not a Faker..."oh, the irony". Sour Fakers fans.

Get well soon, Captain
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 10:20:42 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.