Author Topic: The History-The Teams-The Legacy-The Beginning: Finals Game 1  (Read 1227 times)

Offline jbhdva

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
Well, it was a great game! Great win for the Celtics. There was a lot of hype, a lot of expectations and a lot of drama before the game started. Lakers and Celtics history...you all know what it is. But the start of the new rivalry. Kobe fulfilling the legacy that he can be the Next Jordan and KG, RayRay, and The Truth trying to make their staple in history and what better foundation to take on this test than the old Celtics-Lakers storybook history. Actually, both teams had a storybook year (Kobe wanted a trade) and Celtics were in the shambles and an NBA doormat...but last year's finals was Cavs and Spurs, the Heat and Mavs finals was really exciting and the last exciting one in several years. Now our Celtics are making history again and the Lakers are too.

#1 Observation: The beginning of the game. The Introductions. Seeing the Lakers introduced at the Garden was kinda nostalgic and I booed and cussed louder than I ever had during a Finals game. Then our Celtics were introduced, if the history and the deep feeling hadn't hit you yet, you needed to change the channel because you wouldn't ever feel it. I also loved the Larry O'Brien in the middle of the floor with Red's name on the court. Guys and gals, this is destiny! Also, I loved seeing Bruce Willis there...sweet! And let us not forget the great Bill Russell.

#2 Observation: The coverage of the game. I have dissed and booed ABC coverage because of their silly camera shots and angles (the hummingbird carrying the camera on a string shot is really annoying). In the whole game, I only saw only 2 or 3 bad shots, but ABC kept shooting the game just like the old Lakers-Celtics 80s games, just back and fourth. Thank you ABC by returning the roots and they also didn't drown out the crowd. I heard the crowd was so loud, the refs couldn't hear their own whistles.
This was great coverage!

#3. The colors, sights and styles: Just seeing the Celtics green and the Lakers purple and gold and the parquet floor with the game going neck and neck. All that was missing was a McHale/Rambis takedown! I was already geeking out about it.

I'll have observations on the way the game was played with another post. Tune in.