Author Topic: Wow  (Read 1855 times)

Wow
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:38 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
So the crew on ESPN are now talking at how great a defensive team the Celts are, and how significant the rebounding advantage is.

How long before the worldwide leader has on it's front page "What's wrong with the Lakers?"

Re: Wow
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:23:10 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
So the crew on ESPN are now talking at how great a defensive team the Celts are, and how significant the rebounding advantage is.

How long before the worldwide leader has on it's front page "What's wrong with the Lakers?"

Didn't ya know?  The acquisition of Pau Gasol came with a free championship courtesy of ESPN.  Fortunately ESPN alone can't make good on that offer.

I don't even think we played that well in the first half.  I saw the third quarter souring quickly, until the injuries.  Our team can play much better.

Re: Wow
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Didn't ya know?  The acquisition of Pau Gasol came with a free championship courtesy of ESPN.  Fortunately ESPN alone can't make good on that offer.

I don't even think we played that well in the first half.  I saw the third quarter souring quickly, until the injuries.  Our team can play much better.

I'm with ya, Thruthelookingglas -- I thought one of the best parts of tonight was knowing that we didn't play anywhere close to our best game...and to come out with a 10-point win.  There's plenty of room to go up from here, and with the win in hand, that's a good thing.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.