Author Topic: How about them Geezers Sam and PJ  (Read 4974 times)

How about them Geezers Sam and PJ
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:00:31 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Both Sam ans PJ made major contributions tonight. Sam made a few bad plays in the second half, but overall he ran the offense pretty well and played good enough defense and scored 8 pts. PJ cam though with huge offensive rebounds and played tremendous D. Way to go old fellas that's why we brought you here!!!!

Re: How about them Geezers Sam and PJ
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:02:26 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I gotta agree about Sam, he's running the offense quite nicely, and has improved (in running it) substantially since he started the playoffs, but he gets carried away sometimes and he starts to hurt us. Overall, I thought he did more good than bad tonight.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:02:42 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'm completely done with Sam.  If we don't see Eddie in this series it will be outrageous.  PJ has been playing with confidence since that great shot in Game 7 against the Cavs.  He's a big key to our success.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Although, Sam made some good shots earlier in the game, he had poor shot selections in the 2nd half. He did run the offense quite nicely like you said. PJ Brown played great. He got some big offensive rebounds late in the 4th quarter. Played great defense, too.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:06:52 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Looking at stat lines you don't get the jist of just how well PJ helped tonight...not to mention Perk out with injury.  I'd add Leon in limited minutes also helped.
great job by everyone
sam hurts the team more than he helps , sorry
Great job by Ray Allen on D, if I wasn't going to fall asleep I'd write a post on his play tonight
C's!!

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 12:08:10 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
I was stunned when Sam passed up the three that led to a shot clock violation.

He played decently in the first half, but in the second......

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 12:10:06 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
We didn't even need Perk to return.  PJ was more than enough against Gasol tonight. 

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

yea he struggled a bit in the second half but still finished with 8 pts off the bench and had a steal and an assist and took that charge on Kobe. Plus he only had that 1 turnover I can live with that from my backup PG.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
We didn't even need Perk to return.  PJ was more than enough against Gasol tonight. 

Perk was awful last night... he really dissapointed me. Got my hopes up in the Detroit series, and he comes here with lack of energy on the defensive end and almost killed our captain. Looking for a bounce back game on Sunday, but he needs to come up with better energy and rotate better in defense... for a moment I thought it was Powe in there, and Powe in the other hand had a nice game defensively.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 12:13:51 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I'm completely done with Sam.  If we don't see Eddie in this series it will be outrageous.  PJ has been playing with confidence since that great shot in Game 7 against the Cavs.  He's a big key to our success.

Doc said in his halftime talk we are 12 deep.  I like to think House and Big Baby will be giving the Lakers a bit of a different look on Sunday.  That is, when the powers that be aren't taking it to them.  Go Celts!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

I know after all the bad shots he put up in the second half in I couldn't believe that he passed up that three. 

I do love Sam though,  but only in small doses ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 12:30:07 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Memo to Doc- We're no longer playing the Detroit Pistons! I hope you realize now that we CAN play Eddie at pg without being burned by ball pressure. Now that we don't have to deal with Lindsey, go with the guy who brings energy and intensity to both ends of the floor.

I'm lovin P.J. right now though. He's an absolute enforcer on defense, and he's a rock solid player to have in a rotation. I'm gainaing more and more respect for P.J. Brown every game he plays.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 12:31:00 AM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19

I know after all the bad shots he put up in the second half in I couldn't believe that he passed up that three. 

I do love Sam though,  but only in small doses ;)

i gotta agree here. with the crap he was throwing up in the 2nd half, when he finally got an open look, i almost threw my beer at a lakers fan when he didn't take that shot. i was practically screaming for rondo at that point.

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The problem with Sam is that when he hits a few shots it's like a "get out of jail free" card. No matter how he plays after that he gets 3-4 minutes longer than he should, and then Rondo comes back cold because he sat for so long.

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 12:48:54 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
PJ played great.

Sam played good until the Lakers made a switch.  Putting Kobe on him took away the post up.

If they continue to do this, either the man being guarded by the PG posts him up, or use House.