Author Topic: Ok i'm going there, feel free to disagree.  (Read 5761 times)

Re: Ok i'm going there, feel free to disagree.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
In my mind, this ranks in the top 5 games in the finals I have seen by Celtics....when hairs that you never knew you had stand up on ends, that is enough for me...it brought me right back to Bird re-emerging out of the tunnel to carry us to victory...

PP has the heart of a champion...All Celtics fans now know that this is the Truth...

God, how awesome this season has been and it only gets better for those who wear the Green....Be prepared...We win in LA..in 5....

Jack Nicholsons front row tickets....100K...
The Celtics celebrating on Laker Soil...Priceless...

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
i'd like to welcome everyone to paul pierce's coming out party(nationally).....
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 12:43:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm not going to say it wasn't a great performance or that he was overreacting, I'm just going to point that if he was wearing #23 and a Cavs uniform, everyone on this site would be saying what a baby he is and how he was trying to play the injured hero thing etc...

Awesome game by the Captain
I'm not so sure that's fair Redz. Pierce was crying on the sidelines while holding that knee because after hearing the pop and feeling the pain he thought for sure he was done for the series. In his mind his whole dream was crashing down on him because of this injury.

LeBron goes down like that and starts checking for missing body parts five times a game.

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 12:45:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
This was the biggest moment in Pierce's career.  And that's because it is the biggest stage in Pierce's career.

This is the type of thing MVP voters remember.

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 12:45:17 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm not going to say it wasn't a great performance or that he was overreacting, I'm just going to point that if he was wearing #23 and a Cavs uniform, everyone on this site would be saying what a baby he is and how he was trying to play the injured hero thing etc...

weak.

I think we're living in the past if we're still complaining about Lebron or the fans of this site that feel we're getting screwed by the refs.  Let's just be happy with where we are.  People will always complain.  Especially Bostonions.  It's in their nature.  

AND let's face it the league does favor certain players and Lebron is one of them.  

PP made an epic performance tonight and I'm pretty sure he didn't flop to get some rest time.

"Awesome game by the captain".  

That's the only quote I will remember.

It's all good.    ;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 12:54:47 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
literally the first basketball game that i remember watching was the 79 NCAA FInals with Bird v Magic. i remember my Dad letting me stay up late to watch the game which was a big deal....aside from it being such a great matchup, we all already knew that Bird was a Celtic and so there was that added dimension.

and even starting with that great moment, for me, tonight without a doubt was a special special night to be a Cs fan.

there is a ton of ball left to be played here, and i expect a bigtime response from the Lakeshow. this is going be a slugfest. but Paul running back out onto the court after being wheeled off was a legend making moment for him in my mind. and hopefully we can preserve it with a Title.

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 01:00:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I'm not so sure that's fair Redz. Pierce was crying on the sidelines while holding that knee because after hearing the pop and feeling the pain he thought for sure he was done for the series. In his mind his whole dream was crashing down on him because of this injury.

LeBron goes down like that and starts checking for missing body parts five times a game.

Not saying it's fair, just saying it's so.
Yup