Author Topic: Kobe Bryant is not Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson is overrated  (Read 6519 times)

Re: Kobe Bryant is not Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson is overrated
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 12:12:06 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
No question Kobe is no MJ.  Also no question that Kobe will have a MUCH better game Sunday night.  He will get his before this is all said and done.  Game 1 was a big one for the Celts to win, bigger for us than the Lakers, and I'm glad we won.  But there is still a loooong way to go.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
I can't believe i'am saying this but phil jackson has been outcoached by doc rivers and our real coach tom thibadeau.

Why phil jackson is showing he won his rings because of jordan and shaq

1. why is he leaving radmanovic to be eaten alive by pierce?? Trevor ariza is such a better defender its confusing why he is sitting down

2. why is derek fisher playing the minutes he is?? the guy to me should be coming off the bench. Vujacic and farmer are far more effective

3. what a soft useless player lamar odom is. I rather start turiaf with gasol

4. Provide kobe with double or triple screens reggie miller style

He lost game 2 because he wasn't quick to make some of these changes.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 01:00:33 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I watched them both in their primes and as much as I love this Celtics team I feel if MJ was in the Lakers lineup instead of Kobe that he'd find a way to win.  Kobe may be better than Pierce and Garnett and Allen but Jordan was another level above Kobe.

2 more wins baby, 2 more wins...
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I watched them both in their primes and as much as I love this Celtics team I feel if MJ was in the Lakers lineup instead of Kobe that he'd find a way to win.  Kobe may be better than Pierce and Garnett and Allen but Jordan was another level above Kobe.

2 more wins baby, 2 more wins...

I'll agree that Jordan was a better all-around player, but I don't think he would have beaten this Celtics team consitently, at least not when they're playing their best. Also keep in mind: Jordan being as effective as he was, had a lot to do with Scotty Pippen. No matter how good an individual is, he's only as good as the team around him.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *