Author Topic: If Odom is covering Perk, we need to make them pay for it and go to Perk early  (Read 3390 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Perk has a huge strength and bulk advantage over Odom, he can take him down low and abuse him. Perk plays good when he gets a few early touches to get him into the game , then his defense will pick up even more because he seems to get energized when he gets a few hoops.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I agree. 

1) Makes Odom have to stay at home.

2) it forces him to bang with a bigger man

3) could cause him to get in foul trouble. 

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Perk has got some impressive confidence going. Good things could happen from a few early touches in the post against Odom. I like that idea.

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
This is another good example of the potential match-up problems for LA that we can exploit. You'd think Phil will figure out a way to turn that against us, but man, everywhere I look I see match-up problems for LA. To me it seems like a big game of musical chairs - no matter who LA puts on the court, they're going to have a least one huge match-up problem.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Excellent point. Lets hope Doc does this.

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Agreed, and Doc has of late been calling Perks # for early touches as of late exactly for this reason; As well as getting the rock to Ray early too, both of which are great strategies... Let's them feel it early...
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Agreed, and Doc has of late been calling Perks # for early touches as of late exactly for this reason; As well as getting the rock to Ray early too, both of which are great strategies... Let's them feel it early...

Doc has been calling for early touches for everyone lol.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Tough matchup on D but its just as tough on Perk. Perk might not be able to get early touches if they are giving the ball to Odom and getting Perk in foul trouble. There are some Crazy match up problems between the Celts and Lakers.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Tough matchup on D but its just as tough on Perk. Perk might not be able to get early touches if they are giving the ball to Odom and getting Perk in foul trouble. There are some Crazy match up problems between the Celts and Lakers.

Err... Perk won't be guarding Odom.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
yea doc said that perk will be on Gasol on defense.

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I agree. When Perk can get position and is guarded one on one by someone his size or smaller, he is surprisingly successful given his reputation as an offensive slug. I'd say his success rate in the above situation is well above the success rate of the average celtic play.