Author Topic: "White Out" T-Shirts for Celtic fans tonight????  (Read 5334 times)

Re: "White Out" T-Shirts for Celtic fans tonight????
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »

Offline Hollywood

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
noooooo, we are not the miami heat!

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »

Offline ehanson555

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
here's what has to happen.... if you know someone at the game, text them and ask them not to wear these shirts for anything outside of the first minute or so. have them be vocal to the rest of the fans in attendance they should not wear them either. let's hope our fans are smart enough to realize we don't need things like this. we are good enough and our noise and participation in the game will speak for itself.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 01:07:13 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Took the shirt but didn't wear it tonight. Too much luck in my green "Garnett/Pierce '08" bootleg in game ones.

In regards to the "Gotta Beat LA" slogan on the t-shirt.  The sponsor on the back was Modells Sporting Goods.  Their slogan is "Gotta go to Mo's....." so my assumption was that it was a marketing tie-in.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 01:44:42 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Yeah, I figured that out, too. It's all a Modell's advertising scheme. Not really a "Celtics" shirt, more of a Modell's shirt. "Beat LA" is a fine sentiment in many ways, but I'd prefer to wear Celtics colors; I don't need "LA" on my shirt. It's not a trademark, it's just that Modell's wanted a version of their slogan on the shirt. Their regular "Gotta Go To Mo's" is on the back.

It's not about the Lakers, it's about the CELTICS. I wear Celtics wear to all games, usually a green shirt, always a Celtics shirt, always a green shirt and/or cap. I didn't wear the Modell's shirt, but it's already in good hands; someone who could not make it to the game and likes the shirt.

The funny little green "foam fingers" were weird. It's the first time I've seen a foam finger that was life size. All in all, two pretty worthless giveaways. Green shirts with the Celtics logo are much better. But the real party favor is the win; promotional freebies are pretty insignificant when compared to the importance of a CELTICS WIN IN THE FINALS!

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 01:52:38 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
noooooo, we are not the miami heat!

+1
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 02:21:31 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
That's lame that they say "Gotta."  What's wrong with just Beat LA?

It's quite possible that the phrase "Beat LA" is trademarked. "Gotta Beat LA" could be just enough different to avoid a trademark issue.

But as to the white shirts, this is totally lame. Hopefully enough people wearing green will avoid the white shirts and at least give the Garden a green-and-white feel instead of just a whiteout.
The 'Gotta' is because Modells sponsored the shirts, and their slogan is "Gotta go to Mo's".

Any shirts are great as giveaways, and also to cover up the idiots wearing red, blue, or other non-Celtics colors. The worst are the boneheads who wear red sox or patriots gear to games against Cleveland when the colors for those 2 teams often look like Clev gear.

They should go with green shirts with beat LA in white.

The idea that anyone would be able to trademark an old chant like "Beat LA" seems far-fetched. Next someone will say that someone has exclusive rights to Yankees Suck.