Author Topic: "White Out" T-Shirts for Celtic fans tonight????  (Read 5333 times)

"White Out" T-Shirts for Celtic fans tonight????
« on: June 05, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
I was just watching Sportscenter with the NBA analysts at the garden, and I saw all the seats turned white, with what appears to be free white T-shirts for the fans. I hope this is not the case. I wouldn't want to see a "white out" when we could be all green.

can anyone confirm this?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:56:54 PM by WBrownTrophy »
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

Re: "White Out" T-Shirts for Celtic fans tonight????
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
God i hope not.

love to see the corprate ridiculousness turned down JUST a touch.

Between stern admitting yesterday that he pretty much lets ESPN schedule the game starts and days to play to the largest $, and not taking into account people like, say, my 10 year old brother, who is a die-hard Celtics fan (thanks to me  ;D) and has zero shot of seeing any of these games ( all on school nights, and my mother is not a sports fan) he's really alienating the younger generation of fans.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I hope not, too. White is lame. I was okay with the T-Shirt giveaway when they were green jerseys, but white is just like everybody else. Our team color is green, not white - it can't be white since every team uses white jerseys. I hate seeing the Celtics being turned into a replica of every other team.

To anybody going tonight, wear green, not white, to counteract that lame affect.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
What? No thunderstix???

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
That's lame that they say "Gotta."  What's wrong with just Beat LA?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

It's quite possible that the phrase "Beat LA" is trademarked. "Gotta Beat LA" could be just enough different to avoid a trademark issue.

But as to the white shirts, this is totally lame. Hopefully enough people wearing green will avoid the white shirts and at least give the Garden a green-and-white feel instead of just a whiteout.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

It's quite possible that the phrase "Beat LA" is trademarked. "Gotta Beat LA" could be just enough different to avoid a trademark issue.

But as to the white shirts, this is totally lame. Hopefully enough people wearing green will avoid the white shirts and at least give the Garden a green-and-white feel instead of just a whiteout.

Yeah, you're right that's probably it.  I'm sure a lot of people will just keep their green on and wave the t shirts around.  That'll look pretty cool.  It's not okay to wave a white towel, but it's a t shirt, so  that's fine in my book.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I like a green out better.

Why not give everyone a green shillelagh that says 'beat LA'?

now that would be an intimidating home crowd. 

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
It's not okay to wave a white towel, but it's a t shirt, so  that's fine in my book.
LOL. That was funny.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
I'm sure a lot of people will just keep their green on and wave the t shirts around.  That'll look pretty cool.  It's not okay to wave a white towel, but it's a t shirt, so  that's fine in my book.

I actually had this debate at the opening night game when they gave out towels. I thought it was lame, but really, M.L. was one of the original towel wavers, so I feel okay with doing it in Boston.

I hate those shirts. Hate everything about them - their color, their quote, their very existence. But good point, for waving purposes, I'm okay with them.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Hopefully we don't have any people chanting ahem, "inappropriate" words at Kobe. ::something, something, Colorado, something::

We don't need to go there.

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
Hopefully we don't have any people chanting ahem, "inappropriate" words at Kobe. ::something, something, Colorado, something::

We don't need to go there.

Neither did he. ZING!
Go Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Because they sell the "Beat LA" T's for 20 bucks a pop... If they add that stupid first part, maybe people will be more compelled to spend 20 on a shirt just to rid themselves of the "Gotta" part.

All in marketing.

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 08:16:43 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
i don't mind the whiteout, but would prefer green.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
i hate these "new casual nba fan" gimmicks. the dancers were one thing, but these stupid color coordinating things are just absurd. we aren't orlando, cleveland or golden state. at least we're the one nba arena that doesn't play music while the ball is in play.