Author Topic: Almost 5 Hours Before Tip-Off  (Read 2696 times)

Almost 5 Hours Before Tip-Off
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
What is your pre-game routine? My routine is this: If I'm going to the game, like I will be tonight. I like to go home after work, shower up get ready for the game.  As I wait for my wife to put on her Paul Pierce or KG jersey (tonight I think she is going with Da Truth) I like to watch my dvr recording of the "Drive to 17" Or the "Road to 17" whatever it is called.  I like to listen to the KG interview when he talks about how he wants the garden to be rocking and I think to myself it will be KG, it will be.  Then on the way to the Garden I like to listen to the Nike And 1 theme song by Juelz Santana.  The one that has Paul Pierce in the commercial. I think the Cavs was introduce last season with that song playing in the background. That song always gets me hype before every game.  As I pull into my parking spot accross from the Garden the butterflies are going.  I can't help but think what if I was playing in this game. 

LETs GO CELTICS! BEAT LA

Re: Almost 5 Hours Before Tip-Off
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
This 5 hours will take forever. Anyways, my pre-game routine is listen to music to keep my mind off the Celtics until game time because the more I think about the Celtics the more anxious I get.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
This 5 hours will take forever. Anyways, my pre-game routine is listen to music to keep my mind off the Celtics until game time because the more I think about the Celtics the more anxious I get.

Yeah if I'm staying home to watch the game I like to play NBA2K8 with my 10 year old son.  He's mad at me and his mom today because he can't go to the game but what he doesn't know is he will be going on Sunday with a great chance of meeting Kobe.  So today I'm the worst dad ever but come Sunday I hope to be the greatest dad ever.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Why KOBE, why not KG ?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Yeah if I'm staying home to watch the game I like to play NBA2K8 with my 10 year old son.  He's mad at me and his mom today because he can't go to the game but what he doesn't know is he will be going on Sunday with a great chance of meeting Kobe.  So today I'm the worst dad ever but come Sunday I hope to be the greatest dad ever.

I do that, too. I play 2k8 with our current roster against the opponent the we're playing that night. I think I'll start playing now.  ;D
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »

Offline RichT24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Apparently, before game 1 of the NBA Finals, I have anxiety attacks and heart attacks all day long.

I don't know if I am going to make it to Tip-Off.....

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

A) good choice on NBA 2K8
B) keep your eye on your kid with Kobe, Kobe might try to jump over him or something
C) good work on getting your kid to the game - I'd totally punish him if he's being bratty about not going tonight though, gotta nip any sense of entitlement in the bud as soon as possible (I work with older kids, and the entitlement is rampant)
D) BEAT LA
When you love life, life loves you right back