Author Topic: Lakers journey to the finals vs the celtics journey  (Read 1722 times)

Lakers journey to the finals vs the celtics journey
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
lakers face first an undiciplined nuggets team. Absolute no team defense played by denver

lakers face a tough utah team second. But utahs biggest problem is that they don't have a proper defender for kobe. You can't put deron williams on him nor matt harping. Thats why utah lost

Lakers face last years champ the spurs. Spurs lost because they have no players on the bench.(not too sure wht their gm was doing in the offseason) Ginobelli wasn't fully healthy. Oberto really hurt the spurs.

Celtics face first a hot hawks team that won like 8 out of their last 10 games to make it into the playoffs. The celtics didn't know what hit them not being able to win on the road. But finally pulled out the series

Celtics face last years finals contender the cavs. Absolutely did an amazing job containning lebron and also pulling it out on game 7. Lost all road games again but the games were very closer

Celtics face a respected pistons team(most of the players still on the team that beat the lakers). Won two road games finally to seal the deal. Celtics showed that not only they could win at home but also mute the crowed and win it at the road at a tough detroits arena.

So for me just out of competition comparisons the celtics literally have gone through hell and back. The lakers not so much. Utah did give them a challenge but they just had nobody that could guard kobe one on one that was the difference. (not even a guy like tony allen avail on the team). After that facing the spurs i knew the lakers would win. The spurs just don't have the youth, athlicism , bench and have oberto that makes you think they got so lucky to face the lakers in the first place.

I hope that the lakers can give us a challenge. I hope kobe tries to superman himself into 4 celtics waiting for him. I hope the lakers try to stop paul pierce, kg and ray allen. I hope the lakers underestimate perkins and rondo. I hope to watch kobe's stunned just like 2004 when his team loses to us. We will hoist the trophy

Re: Lakers journey to the finals vs the celtics journey
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:45:54 PM »

Offline LakerRings

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hmmn. A more realistic comparison might be to look at the records of the teams each of us faced getting here:

LAKERS:

Denver - 50-32, Lakers won 4-0
Utah - 54-28, Lakers won 4-2
Spurs - 56-26, Lakers won 4-1

Celtics:

Atlanta - 37-45 IN THE EAST, Celtics need 7 games to win
Cleveland - 45-37 IN THE EAST, Celtics need 7 games to win
Detroit - 59-23 IN THE EAST, Celtics need 6 game to win

Now, I am not saying that this series is a cakewalk by any means.  I think Boston is the toughest team the Lakers have faced for a variety of reasons.  But your analysis is not one of them.

I think if Lakers win tonight, Lakers win the series in 5.
If Boston wins tonight, I think it will go 7, and who knows what happens.

Boston is just not mentally tough enough to get over losing the first game on there home court, where you have been nearly invincible all season.  If you dust the lakers tonight, I think that confidence will carry you to a 7 game series.

Re: Lakers journey to the finals vs the celtics journey
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think the Celts gained a lot of mental toughness by beating Cleveland and Detroit and they're clearly playing better as the playoffs progress. But they're still a bigger question mark than the Lakers. Will Rondo be nervous? Will KG get too excited? Will Ray fall back into a slump? Who knows? But if the Celts play reasonably well they'll win the series.