Author Topic: I Want Kobe To Average 45 Points Per Game  (Read 2727 times)

I Want Kobe To Average 45 Points Per Game
« on: June 05, 2008, 02:33:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm having this dream of evil, selfish Kobe resurfacing when the Celts shut down all of the Lakers other options.  I want the 13-for-40 nights from Kobe (but I'll settle for the 6-for-25 he shot vs the Celts the last time they played  ;) ).  If Kobe caves, and loses the "we, not me" mentality, the Lakers will cave as well.

Hell, he can even have the series MVP for a noble effort in a losing cause.

Celts 110 Lakers 81?

Yup

Re: I Want Kobe To Average 45 Points Per Game
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »

Offline pslakerfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Beware the beast in '09....Andrew Bynum
I'm having this dream of evil, selfish Kobe resurfacing when the Celts shut down all of the Lakers other options.  I want the 13-for-40 nights from Kobe (but I'll settle for the 6-for-25 he shot vs the Celts the last time they played  ;) ).  If Kobe caves, and loses the "we, not me" mentality, the Lakers will cave as well.

Hell, he can even have the series MVP for a noble effort in a losing cause.

Celts 110 Lakers 81?

No, you really, really dont.  If he averages 45 points per game you guys lose in 4, by an average of about 25-30 ppg.  First of all he scores 45 when he is about 14-25 FG and 13-15 from the free throw line.  Makes for a good topic though.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
OK, upon further review of Kobe's 40+ point performances this season I'll amend my original statement.  The Lakers were 4-3 this season when Kobe scores 40+ (while this doesn't support a Lakers sweep if he scores 40, it's not an acceptable record obviously).  L.A. is 1-0 in the playoffs when Kobe goes for 40.  The part I was surprised to see was, as pslakerfan pointed out, Kobe shoots it at a pretty nice percentage on his high scoring nights this season.  The only game he hurled up a ton of shots to get 40+ was an opening night loss vs. Houston where he shot 13-for-32 from the field and 18-for-27 from the line in a Lakers loss.  This would be the variety of night I'm thinking of.

So, I guess I'd amend my initial statement to say "I hope Kobe scores 45 points per game but has to shoot a ridiculous amount of shots to get them".  Given the Celtics ability to lock down on D, I don't see this as all that improbable.  Kobe had an awful first half when they played in Boston and maybe his worst game of the season when they played in L.A..
Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »

Offline pslakerfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Beware the beast in '09....Andrew Bynum
OK, upon further review of Kobe's 40+ point performances this season I'll amend my original statement.  The Lakers were 4-3 this season when Kobe scores 40+ (while this doesn't support a Lakers sweep if he scores 40, it's not an acceptable record obviously).  L.A. is 1-0 in the playoffs when Kobe goes for 40.  The part I was surprised to see was, as pslakerfan pointed out, Kobe shoots it at a pretty nice percentage on his high scoring nights this season.  The only game he hurled up a ton of shots to get 40+ was an opening night loss vs. Houston where he shot 13-for-32 from the field and 18-for-27 from the line in a Lakers loss.  This would be the variety of night I'm thinking of.

So, I guess I'd amend my initial statement to say "I hope Kobe scores 45 points per game but has to shoot a ridiculous amount of shots to get them".  Given the Celtics ability to lock down on D, I don't see this as all that improbable.  Kobe had an awful first half when they played in Boston and maybe his worst game of the season when they played in L.A..

Fair enough....

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Fair enough....

Thanks for setting me straight.  There's absolutely nothing I'd like to see LESS than Kobe lighting the Celtics up for 45 a night on impeccable performances, because, yes, I think the Lakers would sweep in that case.
Yup