Author Topic: Marc J. Spears (Boston Globe) answered 3 questions of mine in the chat!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
http://chats.boston.com/bc-sportsmain

My name was 8-Hype. Supposedly, Jeremiah Rivers joined the chat and also got a question answered.

8-Hype__Guest_: So called "experts" are talking about #1 offense vs. #1 defense and giving the Lakers the close edge. But why don't they mention the difference between the Lakers' defense and C's offense, which is much bigger?
Marc_J__Spears: Very great point. The Celtics scored at will in those first two games and Bynum is definitely a better defender than Paul. The Big Three are all back on track offensively, too. The Cs defense will always be tough, but if their 0 is on they'll be tough to beat.

8-Hype__Guest_: All the "experts" are giving LA the edge because their offense is better than the C's defense. But what about LA's defense and Boston's offense? Overall, the C's should have the edge.
Marc_J__Spears: Because of defense, I definitely agree with you. I think people have to also give the Cs more respect for winning twice in Detroit. The Pistons are TOUGH.

8-Hype__Guest_: All the "experts" are giving LA the edge because their offense is better than the C's defense. But what about LA's defense and Boston's offense? Overall, the C's should have the edge.
Marc_J__Spears: Because of defense, I definitely agree with you. I think people have to also give the Cs more respect for winning twice in Detroit. The Pistons are TOUGH.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:32:17 PM by P2 »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
definitely easier to get your question answered here then on ESPN.

wdleehi__Guest_: Lakers had trouble stopping the Celtics when they had Bynum. What has changed to take away the advantages the Celtics offense had over the LA defense?

Marc_J__Spears: The Lakers are definitely much smaller now. Expect the Cs to put the ball in the post a lot. Be interesting to see if the lack of size will ultimately get Pau or LO in foul trouble.

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
definitely easier to get your question answered here then on ESPN.

That's for sure.