Author Topic: "The Lakers are the better team . . ."  (Read 20241 times)

Re: "The Lakers are the better team . . ."
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Pierce is from Inglewood, CA....born and breed. His blood bleeds purple and gold. He'll recognize soon enough. He can't torch the Lake Show; he has to come home sometime...haha.

Sure enough. And I do see lots of Pierce Jerseys on the streets of LA. He's well loved there. He's going to bring everything he's got in this series.

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline purplegold

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
AND, the Laker transplants have Kobe, least you Celtics fan easily forget. Thought I'd mention it preemptively for our guest Lakers fans, as I haven't seen it repeated in the last 4 posts in this thread.

The lakers are NOT the team these Celtics ran out of two gyms, 5 months ago!

And Kobe is NOT the same Kobe that Paul has handled in the past.

Kobe is a sharing team oriented player extrodnare,now, every bit as great as Air Jordan and heir appearent to be crowned the best ever! He is the top dog in the NBA, Mr. Alpha DNA, who has imprinted his DNA on his teammates and throughout the front office and down to the cheerleaders and into their fans too... :)

so you mean we should expect kobe and the entire lakers organization to be implicated in the nba version of the BALCO trial? Kobe didn't become superman or even MJ overnight, and you and the rest of the kobe worshipers better be ready for some cold, hard, reality!

mmmmm, 81 points a couple years ago.....4 straight 50+ games a few years back....single-handedly took this team on his back the last 4 years....won 3 championships (already)....scoring champ....League MVP....etc. etc.

Nothing is overnight, gradual progression my Celtics-loving friend. You will fell the brutal nature of Kobe's determination. This is his time.

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2008, 07:11:31 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I've noticed that there's aren't as many Laker flags around LA this time around. Seams like the bandwagon is still half empty compared to the Shaq years.

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2008, 07:12:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Pierce is from Inglewood, CA....born and breed. His blood bleeds purple and gold. He'll recognize soon enough. He can't torch the Lake Show; he has to come home sometime...haha.

might want to get on that quick, he averages 8 more points than his career average against you guys.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »

Offline purplegold

• Neemias Queta
I've noticed that there's aren't as many Laker flags around LA this time around. Seams like the bandwagon is still half empty compared to the Shaq years.

Flags are overrated...only for fair-weather fans! Those flags were a marketing fad, too. Definitely not an accurate gauge of LA's revelry with the Lakers this year.

If you think Angelenos are not hyped for this, just pull up the tv ratings in LA after game 1. It will shock you!

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2008, 07:20:31 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59

Flags are overrated...only for fair-weather fans! Those flags were a marketing fad, too. Definitely not an accurate gauge of LA's revelry with the Lakers this year.

If you think Angelenos are not hyped for this, just pull up the tv ratings in LA after game 1. It will shock you!

It's still too early for flags. They only come out when the Lake show wins their third game in the Championship series.

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

It's still too early for flags. They only come out when the Lake show wins their third game in the Championship series.

so I guess that means they are not coming out this year 8)

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
AND, the Laker transplants have Kobe, least you Celtics fan easily forget. Thought I'd mention it preemptively for our guest Lakers fans, as I haven't seen it repeated in the last 4 posts in this thread.

Kobe is a sharing team oriented player extrodnare,now, every bit as great as Air Jordan and heir appearent to be crowned the best ever! He is the top dog in the NBA, Mr. Alpha DNA, who has imprinted his DNA on his teammates and throughout the front office and down to the cheerleaders and into their fans too... :)

so you mean we should expect kobe and the entire lakers organization to be implicated in the nba version of the BALCO trial? Kobe didn't become superman or even MJ overnight, and you and the rest of the kobe worshipers better be ready for some cold, hard, reality!

mmmmm, 81 points a couple years ago.....4 straight 50+ games a few years back....single-handedly took this team on his back the last 4 years....won 3 championships (already)....scoring champ....League MVP....etc. etc.

Nothing is overnight, gradual progression my Celtics-loving friend. You will fell the brutal nature of Kobe's determination. This is his time.

I understand that his ball-hogging didn't develop overnight, I was talking about your statement that this isn't the same kobe that Pierce has handled in the past, even a few months ago.

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

Don't forget giving up on your team in the playoffs in a must win game and refusing to shoot.

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »

Offline purplegold

• Neemias Queta

Calling it now....lakers in 5!

We can bring the REAL Championship Flag/Banner out on opening day. It'll look nice next to alllll the other beautiful gold banners in Staples!  ;D

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

We can bring the REAL Championship Flag/Banner out on opening day. It'll look nice next to alllll the other beautiful gold banners in Staples!  ;D

yea, you can put it in storage with those balloons that were never used back in the days if the original big 3 while we hang our 17th banner up on the rafters

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2008, 07:37:43 PM »

Offline purplegold

• Neemias Queta

yea, you can put it in storage with those balloons that were never used back in the days if the original big 3 while we hang our 17th banner up on the rafters

You'll hang Doc Rivers up in the rafters after he gets completely out coached by the Zen Master!

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
LosAngeles Lakers won 9 NBA Finals World Championships! Right  :P
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

You'll hang Doc Rivers up in the rafters after he gets completely out coached by the Zen Master!

LoL! I gotta give you credit on that one!

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154

LoL! I gotta give you credit on that one!

Me too that was pretty funny. 2 TPs for a Lakers fan, wow.

That said, as much as I have knocked Doc the past few years (even in these playoffs), I have a feeling that if the Lakers win the series, it won't be coaching that makes the difference, it will be Kobe. And if the Celtics win it, it will be because they controlled the glass consistently. Cannot wait to see how this plays out. Go Celtics.
Go Celtics.