Author Topic: Show Me What You Got  (Read 1874 times)

Show Me What You Got
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
We've examined every facet of the game tonight and admit it, we're all extremely tense for tip off tonight.  I need an easy topic to discuss to relax myself.  The topic is this, what do you have to show that you are a Celtics fan?

Let's get some expected answers out of the way.

"What kind of a question is that?  I'm a diehard fan at heart!! I bleed green!  I watch every game!"

"It doesn't matter how much Celtics stuff you own, it's sticking by your team through thick and thin."

Okay we get that.  So what do you have?? I have:

An old green Antoine Walker jersey that still fits me (planning to wear it at Game 2, is this ok?)
Celtics shorts
Ticket stubs to various Celtics games ever since I lived in Boston in 2004
Authentic white Larry Bird jersey
Faded green baseball cap with a clover leaf
Black tee shirt with the words Celtics
Red Auerbach's biography written by John Feinstein (great read)
Picture book of Celtics' history

Re: Show Me What You Got
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Various stubs from games throughout the years but my highlight stubs are Bird's first game in 1979, and the giant Larry Bird Night stub.

A 1997 Opening Night foam finger (kinda silly actually)

A framed black and white photo of Bird & MJ matching up

A similar photo of Russell and Chamberlain

Various goodies from the Larry Bird Night gift bag(shirt, button, etc )

A really old banner (not nearly as cool as my New England Whalers or Boston Patriots banners though)

A pretty sizeable Larry Bird basketball card collection (haven't looked at those in years)

Celtics Mr. Potato Head doll

A bunch of media guides from the late 70's and early 80's

Boston Globe team photos from the 80's

A Larry Bird butt cheek Xerox copy (ok, made that one up)

I threw away my `86 champions foam hat a long time ago because it was just too ugly

Celtics mini basketball

I'm sure there's more if Iwent digging through the garage!
Yup

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Playoff ticket stubs from 1984, '85, and '86. (as well as 2002--'04).
A Red Auerbach bobblehead, with a black shamrock pin reading "RED" in green letters.
An authentic Holy Relic: A piece of the old Parquet, in a nice hardwood box with a brass placque.
A "Johnny Most Night" T-shirt from 1993.
An authentic #7 Jersey, autographed by "Big Al" (not only was he a talented and promising young Celtic, but he was valuable enough to help us get Garnett).
A Robert Parish retired number banner "00".
A Cedrid Maxwell retired number souvenir game ticket in a lexan case.
A ticket stub from Playoff Game "A" in 1993 (Reggie Lewis's last game).
Two Grateful Dead Boston Garden tie-dye T-shirts, featuring a skeleton leprechaun spinning a basketball on his bony fingertip, with the classic "Garden" lyrics on the back: "If I had my way, I would tear this old building down. Boston Garden."
A complete unused set of Season Tickets, from the year when there was a picture of Red on every ticket.
A "Boston Celtics NBA World Champions" t-shirt, not worn in public since 1987 (but proudly worn at at the Forum in 1984).
A T-shirt from Draft Night at the Fleet Center, the night Pierce was drafted.
Too many other T-shirts, polo shirts, rally towels, caps, and hats to itemize.
A photo, by former Celtics photographer Steve Lipofsky, of me posing on the leprechaun at center court, on the very last day of the original Parquet floor at the FleetCenter.
A Lipofsky photo of Bird opening Johnson's warmup jacket, to reveal the Celtics shirt underneath.
Autographed photo of Paul Pierce shooting a buzzer-beater against Denver.
An excellent book called "The Rivalry: Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and the Golden Age of Basketball."
Other books, CDs, Celtics media guides (formerly books, lately DVDs), banners, foam fingers, pins, dunderhead sticks (unopened and unused), magnetic fridge calendars, totalling three boxes full (not including the shirts and caps).

And last, and maybe least, an authentic pair of Justin Reed's rookie-season And1 shoes, both autographed. Will gladly trade the shoes for Finals tickets ;D.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:49:51 PM by Section 87 »

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:29:12 AM »

Offline ram

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
A "Let's win one back-to-back" t-shirt from 1982

A Fiberglass Celtic mini-hoop an ex-GF bought me in 1991 hanging in my basement (I still shoot on it during commercials, even though I'm 51)

1974, 1975 and 1977 Celtic yearbooks in mint condition

A very faded special 1981 playoff pullout section from the Boston paper

Numerous newpaper clippings of playoff games from the 1980s

Numerous tapes of playoff games from 1987-1992 (No vcr before that) and a couple of regular season gems (double OT vs MJ and the Bulls in 1991)

At least 100 Celtic t-shirts from the last 30 years (mostly Christmas presents) including a Havlicek jersey, a Dee Brown #7, a Bird and, believe it or not, an Eric Montrose #0 that I never wore (someone bought it for me)

Also in my basement (where I watch the games from) I have the "Bank of Boston" framed picture of Bird, McHale, Parish and a Bird lithograph and an autographed Celtic basketball.

3 books written by Bill Russell and several Celtic history books