Author Topic: If we go up 2-0 or 3-1, will everybody be talking about an upset?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Will it be "the unexpected" for the national media? Or will they talk about the Lakers not having a good series, or different factors (such as refs) playing a role? Because they certainly won't give us any credit for it.

Re: If we go up 2-0 or 3-1, will everybody be talking about an upset?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:25:25 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think the Lakers and Kobe is an a win/win situation.  If they win the series everyone will say it's because they was the better team.  If they lose the series it's because outside of Kobe and Fisher the Lakers are a young team that hasn't played on this stage before but look out the Lakers will be favorites to win it all next season.

The Celtics will get no created if they win it all. I say who cares????  When the Pats won their first superbowl everyone side they was lucky.  Most people had the Rams favorite to win it all the following year. 3 rings later the Pats is the team of the 2000's. So who cares what they say about the Celtics if they win it all they have no choice but to call them winners

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:27:56 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
there's no upset... atleast we are the underdogs.

let's say the FAKERS where jinx.. hahaha.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 08:30:47 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think, because of how far most of the media has gone out on a limb for the Lakers, and how they hate to admit they're wrong, that most of them will stick with LA until they actually go under for the last time ... and so much the better for us. As I see it, the more we're thought of as the underdogs, the better it is for us! I expect us to go up 2-0, and if we go up 3-1, much of the public will start talking upset ... but I think LA, their fans, and most of the media, will go down when the gold-and-purple ship does.

Just watched Comcast, and this is some of their predictions:

Mike Gorman - Celtics in 6
Tommy Heinsohn - Celtics in 7
Big Papi - Celtics in 4 (Gotta love Ortiz!)
Greg Dickerson - Celtics in 6 (or 5)
Donnie Marshall - Celtics in 7
Jonothan Papalbon - Celtics in 5

I say they win the first two in Boston, win the second one, (game 4), in LA, and win the Championship in Boston with game 6. Go Celtics!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »

Offline Analyst

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I predict Celtics in 3!

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yep, underdogs got lucky in BEATING L.A....

Lakers in 3, maybe... Which means Celtics in 7, maybe...

But I realy do believe it could be over in six, with the Celtics holding homecourt and winning one in The Staples Center with the celebration then in the Garden ...

One posession at a time, one game at a time, our time is NOW(or more precisely in 12 hours)!

Go UNDERDOGS  8)

"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Why are there so many threads worrying about what the national media will think if we win the series, before we have even played a single game? Isn't it a little presumptuous, and irrelevant?

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:55:39 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
I think the only way that the celtics will get credit for any winnings is if the lakers shoot poorely. Other than that, the excuses will fly high

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
if the Celtics go 2-1, people on this board will blame Doc for not winning all 3... don't get started if they come back from LA 2-3...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
No, the teams are evenly matched.  Though the Lakers seem to be favored to win, it would not be an upset if the Celtics were to beat them.  This is a good match up.  However, you can count on the commentators to spice it up, create a little drama, with some soap opera thrown in there just to stir things up.