Author Topic: Larry Legend Believes Kobe "could" be the Difference In Finals  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Jloyola

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Quote:
Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird fears Kobe Bryant's championship-winning experience will prove the difference when his former team revives its famed rivalry with the Los Angeles Lakers in this season's NBA finals series.

Just over 12 months after the 29-year-old guard issued his 'trade me' plea following the Lakers` exit from last year's play-offs, Bryant's career with the California-based franchise could not be more solid.

Frustrated by what he perceived as a lack of ambition from the Lakers' upper management to win a 15th NBA crown, Bryant has since enjoyed his first MVP season to guide the team to the brink of another success.

"One thing I see in this series that could hurt the Celtics is Kobe Bryant has been there before, he's won three championships," he said in a teleconference conducted by the NBA and in which his old rival Magic Johnson also spoke.

"He'll be a steadying force for the rest of the players. They look up to him so much. When things get tough, he might be the one that can pull them through."

http://sportal.com.au/basketball-news-display/bird-backs-bryant-to-be-the-key-49812
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:46:00 AM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: Larry Legend Believe Kobe is the Difference In Finals
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I like this quote from Larry better:

“I’m really happy for Danny Ainge and the Celtics,” Bird said yesterday during a conference call with Magic Johnson in anticipation of this year’s NBA Finals between the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. “I’m looking forward to them winning another championship.”

Link.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
i cant see bird sayin anything other than that^^^^^^^

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:01:54 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
He didn't pick the Lakers and only said Kobe could be the difference. 

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
He didn't pick the Lakers and only said Kobe could be the difference. 

right here~

I like this quote from Larry better:

“I’m really happy for Danny Ainge and the Celtics,” Bird said yesterday during a conference call with Magic Johnson in anticipation of this year’s NBA Finals between the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. “I’m looking forward to them winning another championship.”

Link.

right there^^^^^^^^

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Well derrr Larry!
Yup

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
since i don't live in Boston, i'm not always privy to the details behind-the-scenes. so....could you answer for me:

did Larry become bitter towards the Celtics when he was not asked to be a part of the organization in the years after he retired ? seems that there were a couple of opportunities for Bird to be hired as the GM or Director for Player Personnel or something.

did he want a chance with the Celtic front office and was snubbed ? does he carry a little bitterness towards the organization ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 12:16:28 AM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Its a hint that we need to shut Kobe down. Good one Larry.
Hello World

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:21:02 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm so sick of hearing about Kobe this, Kobe that..... I hope we sweep them so we can shut everyone up about him......

He's not better than Jordan..... I bet Jordan is hoping the C's win so that people will stop comparing Kobe to him.