Author Topic: If we win the finals what do you hope PP and KG say to the "experts"?  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I hope if we win the finals when the ESPN guys are trying to kiss the butts of KG and PP that they say "Hey, none of you gave us a chance. Why are y'all bein fake now? Shouldn't you be hangin out with Kobe?"

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
How about, "I'm going to Disney World".

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'm guessing KG wouldn't address it at all.  The best thing about Paul is you neeever know what he might say.  I think that both of them will be too caught up with the emotion and ecstasy of finally getting a ring to worry about getting it any shots at the experts.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Slightly off-topic but in the same vein, is it really irking anyone else that on the ESPN NBA page there is a huge picture/headline of Kobe Bryant, and the first SIX links are all directly about Kobe?  And even the 7th article, which has "C's" in the title, is really a break-down about how the Celtics gameplan against KOBE.  I mean come on, at least PRETEND that there is some impartiality to how the series is being covered.

As to what KG and Pierce should say to the ESPN guys...if they win, they won't have to say anything but "scoreboard" and keep walking.  In reality, though, I don't even know if KG would have the capacity for speech if they win.  I have no idea what I'd expect...when they went to the conference finals for the first time in Minny he jumped up on the scorers table to celebrate with the fans.  If they win the title, he just might spontaneously combust.

Online Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
When the Celtics win the finals the story is "Celtics win," not "Kobe loses." I expect KG and Paul to act accordingly, at that point their career dreams have come true, and Kobe and ESPN are very much an afterthought.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Nothing

Validation is a championship. Not proving the talking heads wrong. They shouldn't care a darn thing about the analysts, only their own careers and what they want to achieve with them.

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I hope they say.... "How stupid do you all look?

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think winning the will say everything that needs to be said.
Hello World

Offline pslakerfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Beware the beast in '09....Andrew Bynum
I think they will say "man is it 2014 already"  ;)

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think winning the will say everything that needs to be said.

TP, Ziggen ... winning will be all the statement they need ... these guys are too classy to go the route of any "I told you so" bit. "We're the World Champions" ... kinda says it all!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *