Author Topic: Did anyone else get suspended on RealGM?  (Read 8357 times)

Did anyone else get suspended on RealGM?
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:59:27 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Could somebody check for me why I was suspended? Ask a mod on the Celtics forum. Maybe it was because of my sig "Beat LA", but everybody else had it, as well. Nobody got suspended, however, nobody has that sig anymore. I really made no offensive posts. Please help me.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54773

Re: Did anyone else get suspended on RealGM?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Could somebody check for me why I was suspended? Ask a mod on the Celtics forum. Maybe it was because of my sig "Beat LA", but everybody else had it, as well. Nobody got suspended, however, nobody has that sig anymore. I really made no offensive posts. Please help me.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54773

They suspended a guy with 4400 posts without warning? Geez

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:03:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm a lurker over there (don't post) and I'm amazed at what has been going on the last couple of days there.  Suspensions flying left and right towards legitimate posters (for some reasons that escape me) while others are trolling the heck out of the boards.  From an outsider standpoint, its pretty crazy what's been going on over there. 

Sorry to hear about you, P2.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yeah, I did!  >:( Suspended for telling the mods there that they take their "power" a little too far. They are like cops that were picked on in high school that couldn't wait till they graduated to join the force, get a gun and start to get some people back for their lack of confidence in themselves. I didnt really post any over the top remarks, but every little thing I was saying got a warning! It was on the Pistons board and I told the mods that they are just upset that their team will be watching the finals instead of participating in them. That drew fire! Then I made the comment about their power trip and I was done....double T - Rasheed style - and TOSSED for 3 days or however long it was. I was told I couldnt post again until June 2nd or whatever.
My advice....get a life!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
From what I understand, mainevent, the mods on the Pistons boards were a bit overzealous.

That being said, I can understand.  I don't know what was said, but over here, we've been pretty strict about the conduct of Lakers fans.  We don't want anything that even looks like trolling.

Btw, I did contact one of the mods over there, and forwarded their message to P2.  He can share if he wants to, but doesn't have to.  (I'm letting everyone know so they don't bombard the RealGM staff with questions.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:49:52 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I think there's a reason I only read one forum one these InterWebs...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
I got suspended on June 3 until June 10 for "trolling" the Pistons board. Kind of belated, don't you think? I also didn't troll like the Laker trolls do on the C's board, but I guess they just couldn't handle the loss and had to do something. I swear I didn't say anything out of line, and I didn't even get a warning and got suspended not only for 3, but 7 days.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
In life this may not be right, prejudice of any type never is, but when it comes to sports message boards, stick with your own kind. Trying to debate on any other sports team's domain is just asking for trouble with mods.

Boston fans are just too intelligent when talking about our teams and mods at other site can't understand all the big words, so they assume your trolling.

Just my humble opinion.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
What is trolling?  Sorry P2 to hear you was suspended if it makes you feel any better I was handed a lifetime ban from REALGM. 

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 09:46:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
What is trolling?  Sorry P2 to hear you was suspended if it makes you feel any better I was handed a lifetime ban from REALGM. 

Trolling to me means aggressively seeking out people you want to offend and presenting an opinion you know will set them off. Its different then debating or even arguing because its relatively clear that you're trying to push someone's buttons, rather than seeking out a difference of opinion or actively trying to express your own. It also doesn't apply to regular posters, its generally posters from one msg board and/or fans from other teams trying to stir up another msg board's members.

Basically it means an

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Usually troll a troll is a

That's right! They are usually a donkey ditch!!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Trolling to me means aggressively seeking out people you want to offend and presenting an opinion you know will set them off. Its different then debating or even arguing because its relatively clear that you're trying to push someone's buttons, rather than seeking out a difference of opinion or actively trying to express your own. It also doesn't apply to regular posters, its generally posters from one msg board and/or fans from other teams trying to stir up another msg board's members.

Basically it means an

It's funny because we have Celtic fans that seem to troll on this site. They will start an argument about something that you know they don't believe in, playing devil's advocate. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Basically it means an

It's funny because we have Celtic fans that seem to troll on this site. They will start an argument about something that you know they don't believe in, playing devil's advocate. :-\

absolutely true

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
I've been banned from realgm since February 2007. You're not missing out on anything special. I hate that place.