Author Topic: I'm Officially Beyond Fired Up  (Read 9447 times)

Re: I'm Officially Beyond Fired Up
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 08:27:13 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I've been enjoying the ride, taking it all in.  The Celtics and the city of Boston have the attention of all of the sporting world (and oh yeah the Lakers too, yeah yeah yeah.)  I love that every Sportscenter, local news broadcast, website, newspapers, is spotlighting this too good to be true series.

I find myself during random points of the day just stopping everything I'm doing and taking a deeeeep breath.  I need them to just ease the tension and try to relax a little bit.  This is great.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I've been enjoying the ride, taking it all in. 

Yeah, me too--except these darned games are like crack and I am desperately in need of a fix.  Preferably a good fix.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I think I'm beginning to hallucinate a little bit, I just keep imagining this crowd at Fenway chanting Let's Go Celtics instead of Let's Go Red Sox. 

Speaking of that, there's gotta be some diehard fans there tonight.  This game is starting to bore me, why not start up a nice little Beat LA chant, show where everyone's focus really is.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
lol

yall need doc phil~

but i must admit on game days when i'm at work i do get my hussle on to finish everything to get off on time and hit the store grab my 40oz and be home in time for tip..

but droppin everything at any monent and sighin

naw playa

only brenda that ll cool jay was talkin bout can do that~~

lol

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:18 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I think I'm beginning to hallucinate a little bit, I just keep imagining this crowd at Fenway chanting Let's Go Celtics instead of Let's Go Red Sox. 

Speaking of that, there's gotta be some diehard fans there tonight.  This game is starting to bore me, why not start up a nice little Beat LA chant, show where everyone's focus really is.

God it's like I have a telepathic connection with Fenway, that was pretty cool.

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

I missed it. Did the people at Fenway really chant Beat LA?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 10:17:30 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics

I missed it. Did the people at Fenway really chant Beat LA?

They did, in the bottom in the 8th with the good guys up 7-4 the Fenway Faithful gave us a preview of Thursday night come 8:15, 8:30.

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hell Yeah, I'm stoked that in two days at this time, WE BE ROCKIN'  :D

Thanx Redz, you saved me alot of typing as to how I feel...

*Puts on the mean game face* Grrrrrrrr
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 11:01:15 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Hell Yeah, I'm stoked that in two days at this time, WE BE ROCKIN'  :D

Thanx Redz, you saved me alot of typing as to how I feel...

*Puts on the mean game face* Grrrrrrrr

I think it was this afternoon when I got sucked into responding to a somewhat Laker-trollish post.  I just got that burning in my gut that I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want the C's to beat the pulp out of the Lakers.
Yup

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I want to scream! I am officially beyond fired up! This playoff series is all I can think about. The biggest thing to ever happen in this sports fans life as a sports fan. For me, this could be even bigger than the 2004 Red Sox, because the Celtics have always been my first team, ahead of other local teams. Besides, I never had World Series tickets, and the Sox didn't win it all at home. The last time a local team won a championship in Boston, was June 8, 1986, the Celtics of course!

I was useless at work yesterday. Basketball was all I could think of last night, as I surfed from sports talk show to sports talk show, to clips of past playoffs. I opened my archive of memorabilia, with ticket stubs dating back to the 1984 playoffs. I can't stand it!

I'll have to leave work early, and catch an early train into North Station. I'll be sponging up huge amounts of playoff atmosphere, and carefully prescribed doses of Irish beer and whiskey (not too much ... too early)! I can't believe the excitement I'm feeling.

WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
GO CELTICS!

Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu. Ubuntu.

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 09:57:50 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i remember during the 2004 MLB playoffs, i said to my friends that i just sort of existed between games and my sole reason for living during that time was those games. everything else was just filler. work was simply an obstacle, a way to kill time between games.

that is how i feel now. let's start this already. Roughly 11 hours to go.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
i remember during the 2004 MLB playoffs, i said to my friends that i just sort of existed between games and my sole reason for living during that time was those games. everything else was just filler. work was simply an obstacle, a way to kill time between games.

that is how i feel now. let's start this already. Roughly 11 hours to go.

Baseball stress is very different from all other sports. I've never felt stress from watching a sporting event like I did in the `04 Yankees series.  Games 4 & 5 especially.  Every pitch was so important.  The Sox had zero margin for error for soooooo long and they just kept at it.  As clutch a performance as you'll ever see.
Yup

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
I am sooooooooooooo  jacked for this game.  Finally!!   I can leave for the stadium!!

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »

Offline Aussie Celtic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
I could not posssibly post my 113th post in the Game Thread, bad karma for sure.

So here's to reading you all in the Thread.

Cheers

Aussie

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I haven't been this nervous since the good old MIAA State Tournament days.  That was so much easier because once you got on the court all the nervous tension and adrenaline was used running around.  I might have to start doing some laps around my house to get some of it out tonight.