Author Topic: I'm Officially Beyond Fired Up  (Read 9425 times)

I'm Officially Beyond Fired Up
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
OK, I've been excited since the day KG became a Celtic.  When the Celts came out of the gate 30-3 (or something like that), I was on top of the world.  The Texas sweep had me feeling like the Celts could beat anyone, anywhere.  The first couple of rounds of the playoffs had me a little confused but pragmatically pleased that the Celts got the job done when push came to shove.  The Detroit series answered the last of my questions about the Celts ability to put a team away on the road when it mattered most.

I'll admit, I shoved the idea of a possible Lakers Finals matchup to my mental back burner because I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but the thought had been there tantalizingly begging for more attention. 

When the Celts won Game 6 vs Detroit and finally sealed the dream Finals matchup, my main emotions were a mixture of excited and nostalgic.  A few days later, and I am officially fired up beyond control.  I've dusted off the nostalgic feelings and remembered that the root of what made those Celtics / Lakers series great was how much I hated the Lakers.  Yes, there was the factor that they were a superbly talented team, but mostly, I just hated them. 

For some reason, I haven't been in touch with my inner-hatred for the Lakers to the full degree until now.  Sure, I talked the talk, but now I'm really starting to feel it in my gut.  I just don't like them, and they are standing in the way of something I really want. 

What finally did it for me (getting immensely fired up), is the feeling that the Celts have more to lose in this series than the Lakers, and yet they're getting no respect.  If the Celtics don't win it's because the New Big 3, "don't know how to win" the big one.  I don't agree with it, but I think that's what stands in front of them in the court of public opinion. 

Oddly, despite being favored to win, I don't feel like the Lakers have this kind of pressure on them.  Kobe has his rings.  Phil Jackson has proven he can bring a team back to the Finals without multiple superstars. 

In my heart of hearts I just don't believe KG & Pierce will be denied the opportunity to grab a ring now that they are here. 

So, I've started saying my share of unspeakable things about the Lakers.  The venom is back.  I want them beaten and I want them beaten badly.

I'M FIRED UP!! Bring on Thursday!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:15:00 PM by Redz »
Yup

Re: I'm Officially Beyond Fired Up
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Me 2 (My shortest, but most heart-felt post to date!)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I cannot get a thing done at work just thinking about this series.  I too am beyond fired up.  Man I just cannot wait.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
I can"t freakn wait and 105% jacked up.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Yeah... I'm not so productive at work... for, like, the last month and a half!!! Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
You think you guys are fired up, I had to switch computers.

Here's a motivational pic to feed the fire.

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i officially cannot wait. i've already taken friday off work and am zoning out for the next 2 days. nothing is more important in the next 2 weeks.

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I'm so fired up I periodically slap my desk and yell to myself "WHY ISN'T IT THURSDAY YET????". I have tickets to game 1, so I am literally dying of anticipation. Seriously, I'm getting a cold. Its only a matter of time. If I die, tell David Stern the blood is on his hands since he came up with the idea of having a 6 month break in between the conference finals and the big one.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

if u saw me, i look something like this:

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »

Offline Csfan4life

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
I have been waiting a VERY long time for this

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I was very fired up. 

The wait has lowered the flames.

But not to worry, feeding the flame all day Thursday is not a problem. 

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »

Offline dj23

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Color me Red!

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm so fired up I periodically slap my desk and yell to myself "WHY ISN'T IT THURSDAY YET????". I have tickets to game 1, so I am literally dying of anticipation. Seriously, I'm getting a cold. Its only a matter of time. If I die, tell David Stern the blood is on his hands since he came up with the idea of having a 6 month break in between the conference finals and the big one.
Ummm, if you're literally dying could I just petition you for a spot in your will?  Should you take your last breath before game 1, I'd be happy to be bequeathed those Game 1 seats.

It's R-E-D-Z in case you need help spelling. 

:D Have a blast at the game, that's awesome!
Yup

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I count down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until Thursday. The long wait is killing me!
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6