Author Topic: Help Sporting News Radio Host Pick an Interview  (Read 1362 times)

Help Sporting News Radio Host Pick an Interview
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I just got an e-mail from an old college buddy of mine who now has a syndicated sports show on Sporting News Radio.  His name's Matt Spiegel, and  he's looking for ideas for the following:

My goal this week is to talk to a different random former Celtic or Laker who played against the other in the finals every day. Scott Wedman on the show tomorrow.  Who else should I get?  Anyone have a phone number for Bob McAdoo?  Is Sam Jones alive and well?  Is Greg Kite too ugly for radio?

While bringing up Matt and radio I would be remiss if I didn't retell a favorite story of mine which goes lengths to explain why Matt is still in radio and I am not.  My first time on air was in college at Emerson with Matt.  We were doing an NFL show and Matt was running down the Philadelphia Eagles defensive attack - he was rattling off names of backups and what their strengths and weaknesses were and the like.  He rattled off a bunch of issues then set me up for a response by saying "You have to you wonder about that Andy, don't you?" to which I replied, "Yup, you sure do Matt."  Brilliant insight ::)

Anyhow...Matt's a hard working guy and has more sports knowledge on his pinky than I do on my big thumb (oh, all right my whole body).  I thought it would be fun for him to hear some opinions on who to speak with from us here.

I'll send him a link to this thread, but you can see more about Matt and his show here http://radio.sportingnews.com/shows/matt_spiegel/index.html

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go beat some e-mail sense into him about his Lakers in 6 prediction!

Lakers in 5 or 6 my man...hate to say it, but the better coach, the best player in the league, the better and deeper bench.  And this coming from a guy who used to say Phil Jax was monumentally overrated -- can't say that anymore.

The advantage will be KG on the blocks, if they go there enough, and if he's willing to shott it 30 times and get 40.  He doesn't seem to be willing to do that...never has been. 

Neither Gasol nor Odom can defend him...gotta go to it, often.
Yup

Re: Help Sporting News Radio Host Pick an Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:24:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
BTW, I suggested Terry Duerod, but I guess he wasn't around for any of the Lakers/Celtics matchups....Still, I'd love to hear from him.  The dude could shoot!
Yup