Author Topic: Bench Press  (Read 1702 times)

Bench Press
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Personally, I think the key to the series will be the benches.  While Kobe is the best player on the floor, the Celtics' starting five have more talent than the Lakers starting five overall (Vlad-Rad!). 

While the Lakers' bench has the advantage at the perimeter, and in the offensive post, the Celtics are tougher, have better rebounders, and play better defense.

In short, the Lakers bench is dangerous offensively, and the Celtics' bench is dangerous defensively.

What I think that means is that the Lakers have a bench which can GET them leads (by providing energy and offense) but which cannot KEEP leads for them (energy and long rebounds = bad combination).  The Celtics have the reverse - a bench which can protect leads, but which struggles to amass a lead (with the exception of Eddie House).

Is that an accurate assessment? How would you use the bench if your were Doc/Tom? With the starters? As their own unit? Play a long bench? Try and shorten it?

Is there anyone even resembling Powe/Baby in the west?

Re: Bench Press
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:18:28 PM »

Offline Green4ever

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
i agree with what your saying but i think that the celtics need more confidence of the bench. with the lakers playing so well their bench is more confident which leads to bench production. If the celtics can be confident on the defensive as well as the OFFENSIVE end i think that our bench can hold their own against  the lakers bench. We know our starters can.