Author Topic: Could the Lakers be a better version of the ATL Hawks?  (Read 2025 times)

Could the Lakers be a better version of the ATL Hawks?
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

Playing a bit of devil’s advocate….

The biggest problem we had against the Hawks was their bigs and wings ability of putting it on the floor. So, here we are:

Gasol, Odom – can put it on the floor

VRadmanovic/ LWalton – can occasionally put it on the floor and/or cause mismatches

Kobe – can put it on the floor.

So, do we defend the Lakers the way we did Detroit or Cleveland or ATL?  I’ll tell you, the more I think about it, the more I think about the ATL series.

What do you think?

Re: Could the Lakers be a better version of the ATL Hawks?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
That would be awesome. 

Celtics should have swept the Hawks.  They slept on the road. 

They are no longer sleeping on the road.

But really, KG has owned Odom this year.  Shooting 30% and averaging 9 points.  So bad that he took a cheap shot at Ray. 

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
Nice try, but the Lakers are nothing like the Hawks.
The Hawks have no Kobe comparison.
The Lakers work out of the triangle, and are very polished.
The Hawks are a young athletic crash the boards team.  The Lakers don't do that.
The Lakers have much crisper ball movement and good outside shooting in addition to the post play of Pau and Lamar. 

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The Hawks are a young athletic crash the boards team.  The Lakers don't do that.
The Lakers have much crisper ball movement and good outside shooting in addition to the post play of Pau and Lamar. 

the funny part is, i think the orignal poster posted that as a "uh oh" thread not as a "we don't need to worry about la, thier the hawks" thread you seem to have taken it as  ;)

but yea, thier diffrent teams, no comparision. the hawks are 4 kids who can't shoot but are very athltic and great driving guys. the lakers are more of a shooting team that revolves around one out of this world player who can do anything.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22

the funny part is, i think the orignal poster posted that as a "uh oh" thread not as a "we don't need to worry about la, thier the hawks" thread you seem to have taken it as  ;)

but yea, thier diffrent teams, no comparision. the hawks are 4 kids who can't shoot but are very athltic and great driving guys. the lakers are more of a shooting team that revolves around one out of this world player who can do anything.

Those kids could be scary when they grow up!

I edited this for u and I agree.
Edgar
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 04:44:59 PM by Edgar »