Author Topic: Bill Simmons chat @ noon today  (Read 4910 times)

Re: Bill Simmons chat @ noon today
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I dunno if he'll post it, but I've just sent him 2 questions that basically say, "Bill... always have loved you.  You started as the Boston Sports guy.  Nationally people adore you despite the fact you're clearly a Boston homer.  You mirror many of my own thoughts, but do it in a highly entertaining way that even my girlfriend could enjoy.  But your last 3 articles were total garbage.  Reverse jinx or not...  go back to being genuine.  You've p---ed off many Boston fans"

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
In all seriousness though.  Part of the reason I love that guy is he's so much like us.  And really... half this board was tearing this team apart during the playoffs.  Myself included.   Before Game 6 I was posting things like, "Well hopefully we can beat them on Sunday at home" (pretending like game 6 was in the bag for Detroit).   It's not like I (or half this board) wanted the team to lose.  I think part of it is that we are trying not to get ahead of ourselves... part of it is that we don't want to set ourselves up for a huge letdown...  some of it may be a reverse jinx... but it's pretty common.   Bill Simmons isn't any different.  The guy bleeds Celtic green.  He's just got a bigger stage than we do. 

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
oh wow, what a suprise, today he's claiming to boston fans its a reverse jinx, just like i predicted about 3 threads ago. I bet bill, its in no way, shape or form an attempt to be right either way liek you did with the 2007 sox right?

I like the guys writing, but i can't stand him ever since he's started to be just another talking head at espn. between his new columns, which often either play down his homerism or focus on non-boston teams in an attempt to lose the boston writer tag, and his awful espn: e60 pieces, he's starting to be just another guy at espn to me.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
see front page of the blog for my reaction
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)