Author Topic: For these Celtics LA is home  (Read 2394 times)

For these Celtics LA is home
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:46:28 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
With all the so called expert picking the Lakers to beat the Celtics in the finals.  There is one thing they are missing. There will be no home-court advantage for the LA when games 3,4,and 5 will be played.

You might as well call these Boston Celtics the LA Celtics seeing how Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Leon Powe, Sam Cassell, Brain Scalabrine, Eddie House and even Gabe Pruitt all make their off-season home in LA.  Well not all Leon Powe lives outside of Oakland CA. 

Next week when the Celtics go out to LA they will feel at home.  KG will get a chance to sleep in his own bed in Malibu.  Paul Pierce will go visit him mom for some home cooking.  Sam Cassell will go back to his home in LA and so on.  I doubt this will get much play from the so called experts but I thought it was worth mentioning on here. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:51:36 AM by CT34 »

Re: For these Celtics LA is home
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 08:53:25 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread, as well.  This will definitely help with the comfort level of the team, and who knows, maybe it can even get Sam going (ugh).

I'm curious to see whether the team stays in a hotel, or if the guys instead go their separate ways and sleep in their own beds.  It's not like staying at a five-star hotel is overly oppressive, but there's something to be said for the comforts of home.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:08 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Good post and good points.

There private homes would less likely have rabid fans making noise all night outside like they would at a hotel.

The only thing about the post that bothered me was when I read the phrase "LA Celtics" that made me want to puke. LOL

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:47 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think Paul Pierce might have the team over his mom house for a home cook meal or too.  KG might have the guys come over to his house in Malibu for a bbq.  This could only build team chemistry even more.  Also let not forget they will be out there close to a week. So they well have plenty of time to settle in.  

Also unlike most teams who may get caught up in the night life out in LA.  Best most of the Cs make their home out there it would be a been there done that type of thing.  To me honest Atlanta was a more dangerous place to play for these guys then LA will be.    

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »

Offline New England Sports Blog

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 6
Just maybe there are a few experts outside the confines of ESPN, hard to believe but most likely true! There might even be a few experts here at CelticsBlog!  Of course that would be Contrary to what all these so called media professionals that are constantly living in fear of bloggers want you to believe ????

Later on you two should meet up for a little one on one to decide who brought up this heavily slept on point :) ( be careful "Natural", Thug is a prolific outside threat). The point you guys touched on is an overlooked yet valid one to make.  It will absolutely take the visitor's edge off of many of the C's players heading into the 3 straight in La La Land! Don't worry about this team losing their sense of urgency while finding comfort on the road though.  This team and especially "The Threesome" have been focused since 'The Press Conference' on one thing and one thing only, nothing will stand in the way of #17 and more importantly here #1 for each of the them!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
FWIW, Ray was born in Merced, CA, too.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:34:40 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
FWIW, Ray was born in Merced, CA, too.
Pierce and Pruitt are from LA.  And Oakland is nowhere near LA, but Powe is a CA lad.