Author Topic: Just played golf with Gerald Henderson  (Read 2772 times)

Just played golf with Gerald Henderson
« on: June 01, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
After the huge honor of meeting Sam Jones the other night I kept the Celtics tradition going by playing the final round of the Duke Children's Classic with Gerald Henderson. Try as I might I couldn't get him to talk Celtics much with me. He did make these two comments:

I asked him what he thought of the Sam Cassell pickup and he said "Well, it was smart because Sam is a guy that has been there and an experienced Veteran." I didn't agree however!

I also asked him if we were going to win it and he said that he didn't feel confident enough to make a prediction but it would be tough. Kind of hard to argue with him there.

Not really the most friendly Celebrity I talked to out there, but was polite. You could tell he would rather have been somewhere else! He didn't even want to talk about his son at Duke, which surprised me. I probably only made 2-3 non golf related comments the entire round as it was obvious he wasn't interested in chatting. Kind of exciting though considering I remember well his play way back then!

Re: Just played golf with Gerald Henderson
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline CelticRob

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I envy you for meeting him. Gerald saved our ass in the 1984 Finals with his steal and layup in Game 2!! Wouldn't mind seeing his son play for the Celtics one day also.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
Did you get to meet Kevin Sorbo? I'm surprised he is still a celebrity.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
After the huge honor of meeting Sam Jones the other night I kept the Celtics tradition going by playing the final round of the Duke Children's Classic with Gerald Henderson. Try as I might I couldn't get him to talk Celtics much with me. He did make these two comments:

I asked him what he thought of the Sam Cassell pickup and he said "Well, it was smart because Sam is a guy that has been there and an experienced Veteran." I didn't agree however!

I also asked him if we were going to win it and he said that he didn't feel confident enough to make a prediction but it would be tough. Kind of hard to argue with him there.

Not really the most friendly Celebrity I talked to out there, but was polite. You could tell he would rather have been somewhere else! He didn't even want to talk about his son at Duke, which surprised me. I probably only made 2-3 non golf related comments the entire round as it was obvious he wasn't interested in chatting. Kind of exciting though considering I remember well his play way back then!

What's next, shuffleboard with Pervis Ellison?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Never did see Kevin Sorbo. I don't think he ended up being there for some reason.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
bocce with Greg Kite?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Did Gerald steal your golf ball when you hit a lazy crossgreen wedge on the final hole?

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
C'mon cd- don't put Gerald in the same sentence with Pervis Ellison.
Gerald got the most out of his ability and had a good career. Pervis- well, he made a lot of money in his career while getting almost nothing out of his ability.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 09:49:52 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

Kevin Sorbo is, and always will be a celebrity and true American hero. How quickly we forget...