Author Topic: You Got Rondo'd!  (Read 3000 times)

You Got Rondo'd!
« on: June 01, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
A new word from the sponsor
"You got Rondo'd!" Reebok hopes this new catchphrase in reference to Rajon Rondo will become a familiar one in New England during the NBA Finals. Reebok filmed three commercials in Canton over the weekend with former Celtics Jo Jo White and Dee Brown and Patriots star Vince Wilfork. The spots will be shown online and in TD Banknorth Garden during the Finals. The first one shows a small car sliding between two Hummers into a parking spot. The drivers of the Hummers stick their heads out of their cars in disgust. Then White gets out of the small car and says, "Sorry, fellas, you just got Rondo'd." The second ad shows Brown as a dentist, wearing a surgical mask. After pulling a tooth from a satisfied and surprised patient, Brown says, "It's OK. I Rondo'd it. You'll be fine." The last commercial shows Wilfork and some of his teammates watching a game, with one slice of pizza left. Wilfork points out a window and says, "Hey, check it out, a parade!" While they look, Wilfork eats the last slice. A teammate says, "Vince, did you just Rondo my slice?" Another adds, "Dude, we totally got Rondo'd." Before each commercial, "Rondo" will be defined as moving smoothly between larger objects, being able to remove an object quickly and efficiently, or creating a distraction with a swift change of direction. "I didn't know they were going to do all that," said Rondo with a smile. Reebok attempted to get Bill Russell in one of the ads, but couldn't get it worked out. Reebok is hoping it doesn't get Rondo'd by Rondo himself. The point guard's contract with the shoe company ends after this season. Reebok has been in negotiations with Rondo's representation agency, BDA Sports Management.

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2008/06/01/two_approaches_same_result/?page=4

Nice! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: You Got Rondo'd!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
thats a cool concept and i cant wait to see it.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
wow, nice to see Rondo getting some positive attention. Well deserved after his play in the playoffs so far.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19
after the cavs series, i was talking to my college room mate who is from cleveland and told him that king james just got rondo'd. i shoulda trademarked it.

i love this kid, i hope he can settle down on the road.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
after the cavs series, i was talking to my college room mate who is from cleveland and told him that king james just got rondo'd. i shoulda trademarked it.

i love this kid, i hope he can settle down on the road.

You missed out on a nice piece of change. ;D

Can't wait to see the commercials. Sounds like they are going to be awesome.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 01:59:45 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
I like the cocept of the smaller car pulling up between 2 Humvees...
But I don't understand the 'pulling the tooth out' one.

You got Rondo'd could be hillarious though.  Bring it.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Kia has to be kicking themselves for not getting a cross promotion in
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 02:29:47 PM »

Offline Bent

• Author
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
...clap clap clap-clap-clap.

Will they chant this at the games?

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »

Offline RunningTheFloor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Are you guys serious??  This sounds like a really stupid ad campaign to me.