Author Topic: Boston Fans.. A question from a Laker Fan.. Who do you hate More???  (Read 13659 times)

Re: Boston Fans.. A question from a Laker Fan.. Who do you hate More???
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I noticed someone say here and I've heard it many times before that the Yankees "bought" their championships. I have to ask this. So what?
If you can and will do whatever it takes to win and others won't is that your fault? And hasn't the Red Sox kind of done the same thing as of
late? So wouldn't that be kind of hypercritical to call NY out on it now?

And in a way this is what the Celtics are trying to do now. I'm all for it by the way.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
Being a Yankees Fan and a Celtics fan is great, ive pretty much had the best of both worlds.  Without a doubt the Lakers are the team I hate more than any other in the NBA.  Followed by the Pistons and the Cavaliers.

If I were given tickets to Game 7 of either, I would choose the NBA finals.

As far as The Yankees having 'Bought' their championships, that makes me laugh.  If the Yankees bought their championships I can give you a great argument on how the Redsox have 'Bought' their championships as well.  Its all relative no matter how you want to try and spin it.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I will say Lakers and my reasons:

1.  I can't stand Kobe Bryant.
2.  If LAX wins this, Jackson would have more rings than Red and we cannot allow it.

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I noticed someone say here and I've heard it many times before that the Yankees "bought" their championships. I have to ask this. So what?
If you can and will do whatever it takes to win and others won't is that your fault? And hasn't the Red Sox kind of done the same thing as of

And in a way this is what the Celtics are trying to do now. I'm all for it by the way.

That's a tough comparison to make because of the different salary cap structures from league to league.  The C's salary isn't 4 or 5 times as large as small market NBA teams.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
The Lakers or the Yankees?

and why?

please post with intelligence

Yanks, no question, and I'm not even a Sawx fan.

Born and bred New Yorker and a diehard Dodgers fan actually because I grew up in a house with Pops from Brooklyn, and since I was old enough to talk, rules number one through ten were "Hate thy Yankee, Hate thy Knick beyond all other evils."  Spending a lifetime around Yanks and Knicks fans has only reinforced that.

Any Dodger love from some of our new West Coast members?  I'll actually be at the game tonight (got the tixx only after the Celtics won Game 6) and had the distinct pleasure of being at Shea for the losses Thursday and Saturday.  Ugh.  When did Broxton forget how to pitch?  He's been awful every time I've seen him this year.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
This one is easy.  I am not a baseball fan and have been a Celtics fan since the 60's.  My dislike of the Lakers goes all the way back.  My two favorite teams are the Celtics and anyone who is playing the Lakers. 

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »

Offline LarryRules

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Lakers.

I remember how annoying Kareem, Cooper, Scott and Rambis were...just like Farmar, Vujaviciscisicsicsis and Radmanovic today.

I respected the games of Magic and Worthy - but still hated them...just like Kobe and Gasol today.

I didn't like Riley then and don't like Jackson now (and don't want him overtaking Red)

I wanted Larry and McHale to go out and dominate them all with their sure will and determination... just like Garnett and Pierce will SOON do!

BEAT LA.... BEAT LA... BEAT LA!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
1. Yankees
2. Fakers, I mean Lakers
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I hate the Minnesota Lynx worst of all...their fans are so rabid, so passionate, its like near riot after every game
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2008, 03:26:28 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I will say Lakers and my reasons:

1.  I can't stand Kobe Bryant.
2.  If LAX wins this, Jackson would have more rings than Red and we cannot allow it.
NF.

Aaaaa-men, brother! TP

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Seeing as how the Yanks are in the Sox' division and they haven't outspent them I'd say "no" and "no"

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Lakers

Of course my baseball team is the Phillies. 

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
For me, my "hate" for the Lakers and Yankees are very different. My "hate" of the Lakers is born out of respect for their greatness during the 80s rivalry. Although, I never have liked (and never will like) Kareem - what a freaking whiner. Kareem is probably my second least favorite player ever, only behind Bill Laimbeer.

I'm not as big a baseball fan myself, but I have much less respect for the Yankees. So in that sense, the Yankees don't even deserve my "hate."

As long as Boston is there, I look forward to see the Lakers in the Finals because a championship isn't really a championship unless we Beat LA. With the Yankees, I'd be perfectly happy to see them wallow in irrelevance in last place every year.

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2008, 09:18:52 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Can't say I hate either team, but as for individuals- Pat Riley and  Phil Jackson would be 1 and 2. Like any other coaches, they suck when they don't have the players, but these two really believe they're geniuses and the media fawns all over them. Hated Jackson as a player too- big elbow throwing jerk! And Riley played too, but I can't remember anything about him, so he must have been even worse than Jackson.
For players, Kareem and Brian Shaw.

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I hate the Lakers more, hands down. Granted, I never really got to experience the rivalry, but I hated them from the beginning of the century during those Kings-Lakers battles. I grew up in a basketball household hearing stories from my parents about the Lakers-Celtics Finals, so it's no contest for me. While the Sox are my (very, very distant) second favorite sports team, basketball is my first love.