Author Topic: Lakers Fans, a few questions:  (Read 12277 times)

Lakers Fans, a few questions:
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Do you normally post on Laker Boards? Which?

Do you notice an influx of Celtics fans there?

Quite a turn around for your team from last year and even from December when we last played, what has changed do you believe, besides the addition of Pau?

You all have my personal welcome to the discussion(s) here!
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Re: Lakers Fans, a few questions:
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
more ?'s~

why do u like the laker's?
is it the celebs in the crowd?

why did so many people give up on the lakers when Shaq left?
is it cause yall knew kobe couldnt do it alone?

why does a 12oz beer cost more than a 12pack of natural ice at the staples?

im jus wondering Why~?

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »

Offline Jloyola

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2

Quite a turn around for your team from last year and even from December when we last played, what has changed do you believe, besides the addition of Pau?

Yes I do, Mostly on TheLakerNation.com or KB24.cm

Yes we've had an influx of Celtics come by

I believe our team's offense has gone up about 10 fold since we last played.  The Ball Movement is a beautiful art any team would enjoy especially in the paint. Ever since the removal of Kwame "Stone Hands" Brown the Laker's TO's have gone down (we were at the top at almost 18-19 TO's per game down to  10-11) and our assists has gone up.

And I believe most importantly "Lamar Odom". For many years LO has had great games teasing his fans with triple doubles type numbers across the box sheet. Since Gasol's arrival, LO has been playing more consistant and aggressive. LO is attacking the paint more at the same time having great chemistry with Gasol.

Our bench has got a lot deeper since we last played because of one person "Sasha" since the beginning of the year; he almost 50% from 3 point land.  Plus the change of pace the 2nd unit gives is great too see. They rarely give up lead when they come in, most of the time if the Lakers are up by 4-7 it will usually stay at 4-7 points when Kobe comes back in. Giving him a good amount of rest going into the 4th quarter (if needed). Kobe's minutes dropped alot this season due to many games being over in the 4th quarter (not needed), and/or the bench mob takes care of business.

At the same time our Defense has also suffered especially rebounding we give up too many 2nd chance points. The reason for the is Andrew Bynum. His stats may not overwhelm you but with his soft hands around the rim with length and at 7'1 it was almost he grabbed every defensive rebound. With Andrew Bynum's lost we also lost alot of easy put backs and alley oops Bynum gave us. Also with Andrew alot of PG's in the western conference didnt penetrate as much when he was in the paint, mostly settling for jumpshots.

Good Luck Celtic Fans, Im not like everyone else saying this series is going to be over in 4 or 5 games. I believe both team's strength will exploit the other team's weakness. Laker's transition game will bother the Celtics and the furious defense will disrupt our half court offense.

I think this series is going to be grueling, exciting, hard fought, tough battle for both teams where no team is blown out or having a large lead (20 pts or more) and the other team coming back. Each game is going to be decided in the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Ill admit the Celtics were the team I wanted to face in the finals and at the same time the ones I was afraid of they were the only team who can end this Hollywood Story for Kobe Bryant.

A Year Ago:
1. Kobe wants helps (Laker Fans Agreed)

2. Kobe wants to be traded to a contender (This is getting bad)

3. The possibility of getting KG in uniform  (Kobe might stay)

4. When KG went to C's the Jermaine O'neal rumors surfaced

5. The infamous Kobe You Tube Video dissing management, and AB

6. Laker are listening to offers for KB (depressing times)

7. Season starts: Players like Jordan Farmar, Turiaf, Radman, and especially Bynum suprised every Laker Fan and KOBE on how well they were playing together and competing against tittle contending teams such as Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Phoenix, Houston, etc   

8.  The realization this team can be competitive had everyone smiling

9.  Western Conference becoming the best conference race in history

10. Andrew Bynum goes down - our hopes went down significantly (we were #1 in our conference at the time)

11. Trevor Ariza (our 2nd best perimeter defender) breaks his foot in practice.

12. ****** Kobe tears a ligament on his pinky (shooting hand) requires surgery********

13. GASOL TRADE - Getting rid of Kwame Brown and replacing him with Gasol (dream come true) not because Gasol's 19pt and 9 reb avg, it was because we knew we can throw him the ball and it wont automatically turn into a TO.

14. Derek Fisher injury - bone bruise on his foot

15. Gasol injured - out 9 games

16. Last 2 weeks of season - Laker's seed # ranged from #1-6. Beat Hornets and Spurs to claim #1 seed.

17. Kobe finally wins his 1st MVP trophy.

18.  Now were playing the Boston Celtics in the Finals - HOW GREAT IS THIS

Both our teams has had great seasons over coming the bad luck we suffered the past few seasons.

Good Luck Celtic Fans Win or Lose Were all going for a great ride

p.s. Best thing about this FINALS - HDTV .. Yeah Baby!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Yes I do, Mostly on TheLakerNation.com or KB24.cm

Yes we've had an influx of Celtics come by

I believe our team's offense has gone up about 10 fold since we last played.  The Ball Movement is a beautiful art any team would enjoy especially in the paint. Ever since the removal of Kwame "Stone Hands" Brown the Laker's TO's have gone down (we were at the top at almost 18-19 TO's per game down to  10-11) and our assists has gone up.

And I believe most importantly "Lamar Odom". For many years LO has had great games teasing his fans with triple doubles type numbers across the box sheet. Since Gasol's arrival, LO has been playing more consistant and aggressive. LO is attacking the paint more at the same time having great chemistry with Gasol.

Our bench has got a lot deeper since we last played because of one person "Sasha" since the beginning of the year; he almost 50% from 3 point land.  Plus the change of pace the 2nd unit gives is great too see. They rarely give up lead when they come in, most of the time if the Lakers are up by 4-7 it will usually stay at 4-7 points when Kobe comes back in. Giving him a good amount of rest going into the 4th quarter (if needed). Kobe's minutes dropped alot this season due to many games being over in the 4th quarter (not needed), and/or the bench mob takes care of business.

At the same time our Defense has also suffered especially rebounding we give up too many 2nd chance points. The reason for the is Andrew Bynum. His stats may not overwhelm you but with his soft hands around the rim with length and at 7'1 it was almost he grabbed every defensive rebound. With Andrew Bynum's lost we also lost alot of easy put backs and alley oops Bynum gave us. Also with Andrew alot of PG's in the western conference didnt penetrate as much when he was in the paint, mostly settling for jumpshots.

Good Luck Celtic Fans, Im not like everyone else saying this series is going to be over in 4 or 5 games. I believe both team's strength will exploit the other team's weakness. Laker's transition game will bother the Celtics and the furious defense will disrupt our half court offense.

I think this series is going to be grueling, exciting, hard fought, tough battle for both teams where no team is blown out or having a large lead (20 pts or more) and the other team coming back. Each game is going to be decided in the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Ill admit the Celtics were the team I wanted to face in the finals and at the same time the ones I was afraid of they were the only team who can end this Hollywood Story for Kobe Bryant.

A Year Ago:
1. Kobe wants helps (Laker Fans Agreed)

2. Kobe wants to be traded to a contender (This is getting bad)

3. The possibility of getting KG in uniform  (Kobe might stay)

4. When KG went to C's the Jermaine O'neal rumors surfaced

5. The infamous Kobe You Tube Video dissing management, and AB

6. Laker are listening to offers for KB (depressing times)

7. Season starts: Players like Jordan Farmar, Turiaf, Radman, and especially Bynum suprised every Laker Fan and KOBE on how well they were playing together and competing against tittle contending teams such as Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Phoenix, Houston, etc   

8.  The realization this team can be competitive had everyone smiling

9.  Western Conference becoming the best conference race in history

10. Andrew Bynum goes down - our hopes went down significantly (we were #1 in our conference at the time)

11. Trevor Ariza (our 2nd best perimeter defender) breaks his foot in practice.

12. ****** Kobe tears a ligament on his pinky (shooting hand) requires surgery********

13. GASOL TRADE - Getting rid of Kwame Brown and replacing him with Gasol (dream come true) not because Gasol's 19pt and 9 reb avg, it was because we knew we can throw him the ball and it wont automatically turn into a TO.

14. Derek Fisher injury - bone bruise on his foot

15. Gasol injured - out 9 games

16. Last 2 weeks of season - Laker's seed # ranged from #1-6. Beat Hornets and Spurs to claim #1 seed.

17. Kobe finally wins his 1st MVP trophy.

18.  Now were playing the Boston Celtics in the Finals - HOW GREAT IS THIS

Both our teams has had great seasons over coming the bad luck we suffered the past few seasons.

Good Luck Celtic Fans Win or Lose Were all going for a great ride

p.s. Best thing about this FINALS - HDTV .. Yeah Baby!!!!

Awesome post.  Wish all of our Lakers visitors posts were of the same spirit.

Thanks & good luck.

I particularly agree with the part about each teams strengths being able to exploit the others weaknesses.  It's an incredibly intriguing matchup (beyond the nostalgic part - which is great in its own rite).
Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 12:04:02 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
Hey now, Jloyola!

I thank you for your answering my questions in wonderful detail for my understanding!

I can tell you are a true fan of both the game and the your team and you represent the best of what I find here amongst the knowledgable and inciteful posters on CelticsBlog!

Congratulations to your team on its sucessful season up to this point. LOL, although my well wishes must stop there, you understand.LOL

I'm sure we all can come together in having great hopes for a fine series between our respective clubs!

And yes, I agree there is nothing quite like NBA Basketball with a HD feed and projected here on my 10foot wide theater screen  8)

NBA Finals Ba-by  :D

Best regards & Enjoy~

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 12:33:52 AM »

Offline Lakerfan

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Wow Jloyola. I don't Think I could add anything to your post. Except maybe a shoutout for Lakersground.net where I post. I guess I should add that the hollywood factor has nothing to do with why I am a Laker fan. My first real basketball memory was my Dad explaining to me why the Boston crowd was chanting BEAT LA when they weren't even playing the Lakers. I was lucky enough to go to a few of the Final battles at the Forum and the Baby hook got me hooked for life. We have been season ticket holders for 8 years, and at this point some of the people in my section are almost family. I love everything about this rivalry and plan on flying out to Boston for either game one or two.

I would also like to commend the class that you guys have shown by starting this thread. I feel the same way, and have tried to defend the Celtic hatred over at Lakersground where I post under Showtime 2.0. If any of you guys are going to one of the first games I would like to meet you and shake your hand just so you know how much I love and respect each of our clubs rich history. I can't wait to be in the Garden.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »

Offline Jloyola

• Neemias Queta
I believe our starters and your starters will balance each other out in the series! We can debate all day which starting 5 is better, each having valid points but I believe the winner of the Finals is going to come down the BENCH!

The trouble i see with the Celtics reminds me of the the Patriots. Dont get wrong, I actually was rooting for the Pats this season because Tom Brady was quarterback for my fantasy league ( thank you for winning me $2400)

Patriots started the season blowing every team out, crushing each team with will, but as the season progressed the veterans began to slow down and the Pats didnt seem as dominant. The Pats were winning but not blow outs you saw earlier.

The big difference between the Pats and Celtics is that the Pats have won before and the Celtics have not (current roster). Boston Celtics especially KG   were as dominant as the Pats were in the beginning of the season, but for some reason the Celtics were not as scary as they were in the beginning. This is due to the fact they struggled to close out weaker teams in the playoffs. Maybe DOC is right, saying they needed all these games because it gives this team the experience they are lacking playing in the playoffs.

I hope the BIG 3 (Future HOF's IMO) bring their HUNGER and A-Game each and every game. Im pretty sure they will. 

Like i said before its going to come down to the bench! Which bench team will keep their team in the game while giving their superstars rest heading into the last 5 minutes of the game.

It's going to be a great series, i just hope the REFS call the game down the middle, not favoring one or another so we can have no dispute who is a better team.

Go Lakers!  :D

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Question: When you go to the store and buy a Lakers' shirt; do you buy the yellow one or the purple one?

I ask this because I don't think I could buy a bunch of yellow shirts. It would keep me from being a fan of that team.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 12:58:30 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
Wow Jloyola. I don't Think I could add anything to your post. Except maybe a shoutout for Lakersground.net where I post. I guess I should add that the hollywood factor has nothing to do with why I am a Laker fan. My first real basketball memory was my Dad explaining to me why the Boston crowd was chanting BEAT LA when they weren't even playing the Lakers. I was lucky enough to go to a few of the Final battles at the Forum and the Baby hook got me hooked for life. We have been season ticket holders for 8 years, and at this point some of the people in my section are almost family. I love everything about this rivalry and plan on flying out to Boston for either game one or two.

I would also like to commend the class that you guys have shown by starting this thread. I feel the same way, and have tried to defend the Celtic hatred over at Lakersground where I post under Showtime 2.0. If any of you guys are going to one of the first games I would like to meet you and shake your hand just so you know how much I love and respect each of our clubs rich history. I can't wait to be in the Garden.

Hey now, Lakerfan(Showtime 2.0),

Thanx for your contrubution to my thread so I can also add Lakersground.net to my bookmarks now! As well as identify the kind hearted and level headed sportsmen amongst our fan competition and invite you back for further discussion as we move through the series. I'll be looking forward to your posts bud!

That is a great show of sportsmanship in your last parragraph; Accept my virtual handshake on the fine intentions, as I will not be traveling to the games, but take my best wishes with you and enjoy!!!

Finals 2008, Lakers vs Celtics, as well it should be ;)

Peace-

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 01:07:30 AM »

Offline ERod86

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
There is no fan of the Lakers that likes the Lakers because of the celebs.
Celebrities attend Laker games because it's LA.

I know there are Laker fans everywhere, but I like the Lakers because they are my local team. I'm from So. California and when the team has such unbelievable success, it's not hard to get hooked.

There will never be another dynasty like Bill Russell's Celtics, but since he retired, the Lakers have been the better franchise. In the modern era after the ABA merged, there was a fair draft, and salary cap stuff, the Lakers have been far better than any other franchise.

This years team is so different then when they played the Cs earlier in the season. Not only is Pau in the mix, but his arrival has made Lamar Odom a better player. They are playing better on both ends of the court then when last they met.

I agree with OP: KB, PP, KG, LO, Pau, Ray, and Fish (I ranked those) will KIND OF cancel each other out. We know what we will get from them. Vlad, Waton, Vujacic, Turiaf, Farmar vs Rondo, Powe, Posey, House, Brown, Cassell is what is going to make the biggest difference.

If the Lakers had home court, there would be no question in my mind: Lakers in 6. But since they don't, I'm a little less confident.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 01:35:09 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
There is no fan of the Lakers that likes the Lakers because of the celebs.
Celebrities attend Laker games because it's LA.

I know there are Laker fans everywhere, but I like the Lakers because they are my local team. I'm from So. California and when the team has such unbelievable success, it's not hard to get hooked.

There will never be another dynasty like Bill Russell's Celtics, but since he retired, the Lakers have been the better franchise. In the modern era after the ABA merged, there was a fair draft, and salary cap stuff, the Lakers have been far better than any other franchise.

This years team is so different then when they played the Cs earlier in the season. Not only is Pau in the mix, but his arrival has made Lamar Odom a better player. They are playing better on both ends of the court then when last they met.

I agree with OP: KB, PP, KG, LO, Pau, Ray, and Fish (I ranked those) will KIND OF cancel each other out. We know what we will get from them. Vlad, Waton, Vujacic, Turiaf, Farmar vs Rondo, Powe, Posey, House, Brown, Cassell is what is going to make the biggest difference.

If the Lakers had home court, there would be no question in my mind: Lakers in 6. But since they don't, I'm a little less confident.

Yep, I to agree with both you ERod86 and Jloyola, the play of the bench will be a difference maker in the individual games some moreso than others, depending upon the consistancy of our offensive production of PP KG & RA AND as was pointed out foul troubles and how close or loose the individual games will be called by the refs; I figure the teams at this level should be able to adjust to those differences between games so long as within each game their is consistancy and few mistakes leading to make-up calls which often looks like impartial reffereeing...

Should be a close and tough fought series IMO also... And I agree the homecourt advantage is squarely in the favor of our Celtics, I predict a 7 game series, of course...

Fun fun fun

-Go Celtics-

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 01:47:17 AM »

Offline GoldenThroat

• Xavier Tillman
Thanks for the show of good sportsmanship, Celtic fans. Don't get me wrong, I hope that radid ferrets infest your underpants, but that's simply a byproduct of the rivalry. I'm sure you understand and feel the same way about us Laker fans.  ;D

But the attempt at intelligent discussion is definitely appreciated and respected.

There's one point that I'd like to add without being redundant in conjunction with JLoyola's post. The triangle offense has only been successful when there has been a post presence to drive it. People forget, but a large part of Chicago's offense in the 90's developed from having Jordan in the post, who posed the threat of either scoring or creating an opportunity for a teammate. Kobe is a better perimeter threat than Jordan, (due to slightly better footwork and slightly more effective mid range jump shot) but isn't nearly the threat that MJ was in the post.

This is the missing element that Gasol has provided. On many occasions, you'll see Gasol in a one on one matchup (BTW...do you know who's guarding him? Is it gonna be KG or Perkins?) and Pau's first and second options will be to hit the cutter. He's a superb passer out of the post, and THAT has been the big difference in the Laker offense. His points mostly come out of penetration from Kobe, and since he has great hands and an understanding of passing angles, he puts himself in a position where Kobe can get him the ball for a dunk or layup. But scoring from the low post? It's a lot less frequent from Gasol.

From a Laker fan perspective, I'm concerned about giving up a ton of offensive rebounds. As Celtic fans, what's your take on the KG/Perkins vs. Odom/Gasol matchup?   

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
Thanks for the show of good sportsmanship, Celtic fans. Don't get me wrong, I hope that radid ferrets infest your underpants, but that's simply a byproduct of the rivalry. I'm sure you understand and feel the same way about us Laker fans.  ;D

But the attempt at intelligent discussion is definitely appreciated and respected.

There's one point that I'd like to add without being redundant in conjunction with JLoyola's post. The triangle offense has only been successful when there has been a post presence to drive it. People forget, but a large part of Chicago's offense in the 90's developed from having Jordan in the post, who posed the threat of either scoring or creating an opportunity for a teammate. Kobe is a better perimeter threat than Jordan, (due to slightly better footwork and slightly more effective mid range jump shot) but isn't nearly the threat that MJ was in the post.

This is the missing element that Gasol has provided. On many occasions, you'll see Gasol in a one on one matchup (BTW...do you know who's guarding him? Is it gonna be KG or Perkins?) and Pau's first and second options will be to hit the cutter. He's a superb passer out of the post, and THAT has been the big difference in the Laker offense. His points mostly come out of penetration from Kobe, and since he has great hands and an understanding of passing angles, he puts himself in a position where Kobe can get him the ball for a dunk or layup. But scoring from the low post? It's a lot less frequent from Gasol.

From a Laker fan perspective, I'm concerned about giving up a ton of offensive rebounds. As Celtic fans, what's your take on the KG/Perkins vs. Odom/Gasol matchup?   

Yeah, THAT IS the type of play making which is sorely missing in our Celtics team and has been a staple of Jacksons teams, the Triangle! And now I can clearly see how having soft handed Pau down low now, is creating that for the Show!!! What I do see of our defence is that it mucks up much of that with excellent rotations off of the ball. In keeping with this concept I believe both K.G. and Perk will be defending Pau again mixing things up which looks discombobulated but that too is the genuis of chaos defense that it is never predictable, but it sure has seemed to shut down the inside play and passing lanes with bodying up and active hands. I do believe we have done a masterful job on the boards which leads of course to whatever easy buckets can come from the quick outlet which is a strenth of Perk also! That presupposes missed jump shots which at 15ft. maybe our weakness other than defending the long ball effectively as we can which has been above average  IMO...

Not sure if there is anything of value in all of thst for you, but I'm sure otherxs will chime in too shortly!

Ferrets....lol

;)

Oh and BTW, I'm quite sure there is a NO Layup rule going to be in effect, yep these boys will deliver pretty hard fouls with conviction to inside penatration, remember, we seem to have no quams about subbing front court guys in just on this mission. How's Kobes back, fairly rested at the start to the series, I suspect. Very few slashers have been seen this year on these Celtics; Fair warning ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:22:49 AM by fan33 »

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 02:39:00 AM »

Offline pslakerfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Beware the beast in '09....Andrew Bynum
I think I posted this on the wrong topic, so here is a repost, sorry, new here.

Laker fan here, if the name isn't obvious. I appreciate the topic.  It is unusual to invite the opinions of the other teams fans, but I think it opens a great dialogue.  Not a fan of the trolls myself.  I did read the blog rules, they seem a little strict, but I will try not to break any.  What I mean is it will be difficult as the series goes on to have a 'spirited' discussion without using a few masked expletives (@#$%$#, etc) but we will see.

I know this has been said already, but as a real Laker fan I get a little tired of the celebrity questions.  I know they show them on TV, but most fans don't care about them.  Window dressing so to speak.  Obviously some of them are great fans and we are glad to have them (Jack, Penny Marshall, Flea, Andy Garcia), but most (Tobey Maguire, Denzel, Sylvester Stallone) seem to be there to look good.  Although Spidey has been to a lot of games this year, so the jury is still out.

I am 32 years old and grew up in LA, but now live in Palm Springs area (hence the PS in the name)  I grew up watching Magic, Bird, and company.  I am a season ticket holder and this is my 2nd season as one.  I think the 2.5 hour drive to Staples Center automatically qualifies me as a real fan.  Of course at the wrong time of day everyone has a 2.5 hour drive to Staples, LOL.

Unlike most Laker fans I don't hate the Celtics.  I do think of them as a great rivalry, but to me rivalries are more about mutual respect that hatred.  I hope it is a great series and a preview of the next decade to come.  How great would that be???

I have to agree with Jloyola when he says that this is not the Lakers team that you saw earlier in the year.  It is a combination of a smarter (more team oriented) Kobe, an improved (greatly) Lamar Odom, a more confident (Sasha, Farmar, Turiaf) bench, and of course Pau Gasol.  I think the best way to sum it up is to say that the Lakers were the sum of their parts before and now are greater than the sum of their parts, if you know what I mean.  I commented the same thing to the Spurs fans (on their blog poundingtherock.com), but they didn't seem to believe me.  They seemed shocked (genuinely) by the way the Lakers played the series.  They expected to see the same old selfish Kobe, the non-agressive Odom, the inexperienced bench, etc.  Who knows if that will continue???

I hate the fact that we seem to be the favorites, there is nowhere to go but down.  I heard a funny thing on the Laker blog that I frequent (LATimes Laker Blog).  The commenter said "how can we be favored if we do not have home advantage?  The Celtics are sure to be favored in 4 games in Boston, and the Lakers are sure to be favored in 3 games in LA"  Seemed to be a logical argument to me.

We have only had a few Celtics fans come by on our blog.  The one I remember called himself Lepracon.  I know that is not the correct spelling, but he said it was because he was an ex-con.  Working on the street cred I suppose.  He was basically a undereducated Troll, but I don't think he is the norm for Celtics fans.

I guess I have rambled long enough, good luck in the series, hope to have further discussions.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 02:53:48 AM »

Offline GoldenThroat

• Xavier Tillman
Yeah, THAT IS the type of play making which is sorely missing in our Celtics team and has been a staple of Jacksons teams, the Triangle! And now I can clearly see how having soft handed Pau down low now, is creating that for the Show!!! What I do see of our defence is that it mucks up much of that with excellent rotations off of the ball. In keeping with this concept I believe both K.G. and Perk will be defending Pau again mixing things up which looks discombobulated but that too is the genuis of chaos defense that it is never predictable, but it sure has seemed to shut down the inside play and passing lanes with bodying up and active hands. I do believe we have done a masterful job on the boards which leads of course to whatever easy buckets can come from the quick outlet which is a strenth of Perk also! That presupposes missed jump shots which at 15ft. maybe our weakness other than defending the long ball effectively as we can which has been above average  IMO...

Not sure if there is anything of value in all of thst for you, but I'm sure otherxs will chime in too shortly!

Ferrets....lol

;)

Oh and BTW, I'm quite sure there is a NO Layup rule going to be in effect, yep these boys will deliver pretty hard fouls with conviction to inside penatration, remember, we seem to have no quams about subbing front court guys in just on this mission. How's Kobes back, fairly rested at the start to the series, I suspect. Very few slashers have been seen this year on these Celtics; Fair warning ;)

No, this definitely give me some insight & value into what to look for and I really appreciate it. As someone who has visited the Nuggets, Jazz (they're the worst), & Spurs boards, this is by far the most intelligent board I've been to. I hate showing you green & white Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.s respect, but I have to. I am really looking forward to discussing the series with you guys.  :-*

What you say about the "chaotic" defense is interesting. KG will lock either Odom or Gasol down, but the other player poses problems for Perkins, IMO. Pau is very crafty down low, and I think he can get Kendrick into foul trouble. I see Perkins chasing blocks a lot of the time, but is prone to up fakes & isn't a really good positional defender. I also see Kobe getting penetration more frequently against the Celtics than the Spurs, so I think Perkins will be required to help. If this happens when Gasol is KP's man, the Lakers will have success. Pau has excellent touch around the hoop.

Odom vs. Perkins presents a foot speed problem for the Celtics, and another instance of potential foul trouble. PJ Brown might be a big factor in this series, because defensively I think KP will have problems with either Gasol or Odom.

There's a pet play that the Lakers like to run out of timeouts that you guys should keep an eye out for. They'll run a Kobe/Gasol pick and roll on the left side of the court if the defense is trapping Kobe on the PnR, Kobe will hit Gasol, and as Bryant is delivering the pass to Gasol, Odom will flash from the weakside to the middle of the paint (going left....Odom almost ALWAYS goes left) against a player that isn't as quick as Odom.

This normally results in a basket or 2 free throw attempts. Just FYI. I wonder if Doc will be able to adjust to this.