Author Topic: Things I hate about the NBA  (Read 2847 times)

Things I hate about the NBA
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Referees - Atrocious
The fact that we have to wait 5 plus days for the finals to start
The fact that there will be two or more days between each game
The fact that the games will start later than 9 p.m. eastern each night

Re: Things I hate about the NBA
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
1: Agree
2: This could be a good thing for our team. This is the first rest they have had in a long time. And you would think that teams and city's would need some time to prepare for something this big.
3: Don't see the problem. More rest for our older team.
4: True. The ones in Boston should start sooner than that.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Referees - Atrocious
The fact that we have to wait 5 plus days for the finals to start
The fact that there will be two or more days between each game
The fact that the games will start later than 9 p.m. eastern each night

I agree, the refs need to be on top of this list.
I like the wait for the finals, build the anticipation.  They hype for this series will never get old for me.
The dumb thing is that there are two nights off in between games when there is no traveling in between.  If there is every two nights off it should be when the sites of the games are changing.
They do that for our friends out there on the West Coast.  As it is the 9 o'clock start is 6 out there.  That's already really, really early.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
the refs are terrible, and nothing seems to be done about it, but there are some bad rules too. i hate the clear path foul. that is basketball 101. unless you just grab the guys shirt or shorts, that should not be called. that is good basketball. prevent a breakway.

as for the wait, i do not mind. the super bowl takes 2 weeks, so in nba time, 5 days is similar.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
the refs are terrible, and nothing seems to be done about it, but there are some bad rules too. i hate the clear path foul. that is basketball 101. unless you just grab the guys shirt or shorts, that should not be called. that is good basketball. prevent a breakway.

as for the wait, i do not mind. the super bowl takes 2 weeks, so in nba time, 5 days is similar.

Clear path foul is ok -- in college that is an intentional foul also.  Every level of basketball it is called in some form.  The league's total inability to call moving screens is a bigger scourge. 

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 09:38:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
1: Agree
2: This could be a good thing for our team. This is the first rest they have had in a long time. And you would think that teams and city's would need some time to prepare for something this big.
3: Don't see the problem. More rest for our older team.
4: True. The ones in Boston should start sooner than that.

My thoughts exactly. 

There's no reason to complain about the time in between games; this team desperately needs some time to recuperate.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 09:59:58 PM »

Offline Locomotive Breath

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I agree with the ref's. I was watching the 1984 game 7 finals game today and they had only two refs. The game ran so much smother with fewer calls. I say go back to the two refs system.
I don't mind the time off so much as I hate the 2-3-2 finals home schedule.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »

Offline andyxlee

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
aren't all the games Tuesdays/Thursdays/Sundays for the finals?  That's 1 or 2 days rest...its not that different from other playoff rounds

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
Two things for me.  Over-expansion since the late 80's.  And officiating.  'Course, I could go on about the pyrotechnical pregame crap, cheerleaders, Lucky the mascot, etc. but I'll digress on those at this time.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 10:15:27 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
i was thinkin bout hittin the staples even tho u need to be sumbody to get in but it's gonna be wild when boston come to town....now yall was trippin bout bein a celtic fan in detroit...thats nada~

when the po po in palm springs laugh at ya for wearin a throwback celtics jersey ya now u might have sum problems in la

true story~