Author Topic: I just met Sam Jones  (Read 2098 times)

I just met Sam Jones
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:24:51 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I am down participating in the Duke Childrens Classic this weekend and had a great experience. Sam Jones is one of the celebrities down here and although I didn't get to play in his same group like I hoped he was in the group behind me. Funny story at the dinner last night:

I went up and shook his hand and introduced myself and asked him if we were going to win. He said " I sure hope so " and then followed it up with " I guarantee you that I am going to slip out of here early and go watch the game though! " Even at his age and with these responsabilities with this tournament he is still a Celtics fan through and through.

With guys like this cheering them on how can we not win?! Go Celtics.

Re: I just met Sam Jones
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Great story, thanks for sharing.  Sam Jones is one of the most underrated players in Celtics history.   He was one of our most clutch players of all time, and that's saying a lot.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I picked him as one of my people for who we should "win it for."  I loved his interviews in the I am a Celtic show they had on ESPN2.  The guy is a lifetime Celtic.  He loves his team and still supports it.  Like us fans, he's suffered through the hard times and is enjoying the good times.  That's great that you got to meet him.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »

Offline tapper

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
Sam Jones is the most underrated celtic all time. He was the perimiter shooter in the half court and a great finisher on the wing on the break. He always complained of some sort of injury, but laced them up when it was time to play. He was the definition of a clutch shooter