Author Topic: Michael Beasley is one stupid dude  (Read 18853 times)

Re: Michael Beasley is one stupid dude
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 12:45:04 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Only a lawyer would think that following rules is a sign of intelligence. <g>

Pete

Re: Michael Beasley is one stupid dude
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Beasley has a millionaire's talent and a pauper's brain, apparently.  I can't think of too many players who have taken that combination and turned it into superstardom.

Ron Artest
Stephon Marbury
Terrell Owens
Manny Ramirez
Mike Tyson
Michael Vick
Ricky Williams
Darryl Dawkins
Shawn Kemp
Rasheed Wallace
Dennis Rodman

I'm sure there are a ton more. Most of these guys were/are still doing stupid stuff well into their careers and even thereafter. Beasley hasn't even started his career. I'd give the kid a break until he proves he's an idiot you can't win with.

Sure.  And how many of those knuckleheads were the centerpiece of a successful rebuilding effort?  How many have won championships?  Very few.  I mean, if Michael Beasley turns into the power forward equivalent of Ron Artest or Stephon Marbury, do you think the team drafting him is going to be jumping for joy?

(I'm not sure it's fair to put Manny in that group.  He doesn't hustle from time to time, but what trouble has he ever been in?  What evidence has there been that he's a character problem?)
My point is that when someone has a tremendous amount of raw talent and isn't the smartest or most mature person or has the cleanest background in the world it doesn't mean they can't be successful whether that be personally, monetarily, or career-wise.

Tyson - undisputed World Heavyweight Champion, multiple times
Dennis Rodman - prominent part in building of 80's Detroit dynasty, multiple NBA Champion
Terrell Owens - one of greatest WR's in NFL history, large reason for Eagles Superbowl season and re-emergence of Cowboys.
Michael Vick - the only reason the Hawks have been relavent over the last 4-5 years due to team being built around him.
Rasheed Wallace - a major rebuilding block that got Portland to the WCF and widely considered the main addition to the Detroit Pistons that pushed them over the top in winning the 2004 Championship.(Detroit might want to throw out a big thank you to the Celtics for that.)
Darryl Dawkins - NBA Finals participant

There's a lot more examples Roy, especially in football and basketball.

Try:

Many on the 90's Dallas Cowboys - Superbowl Champions
The current Cincinnatti Bengals
Ray Lewis - Superbowl Champion
Allen Iverson(really nasty high school fight problem)- rebuilt franchise around him

Here's a good example. You may remember him.

Dennis Johnson - thrown off his JUCO team 3 times and was a major immature headcase. Multiple NBA Champion.

I threw in Manny because most people have the perception that he is pretty much an idiot but is tremendously talented and a 2 time World Champion.