Author Topic: Kobe to guard Rajon?  (Read 20258 times)

Re: Kobe to guard Rajon?
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
From this interesting globe article it looks like they may settle with Kobe on Rondo.  The rationale itself comes from a Lakers assistant coach. So Lakers fans perusing the board don't act like I'm favoring my team, this came from YOUR coaching staff.

The teams' makeups and rotations have shifted, but the Lakers coaching staff is puzzling over many of the same matchup issues.
"We haven't really come to any conclusions," assistant coach Tex Winter said. "It's a question of who you're going to put on [Paul] Pierce. If you put Kobe on him, then Kobe's got to really concentrate on his job, his responsibility and got to stay attached, which is hard for Kobe to do.

"And yet I don't think you want to put Kobe on [Ray] Allen because Allen has always been very effective against Kobe. Kobe just won't pay enough attention to him. The way he can shoot the ball, he's a player you've got to pay attention to. And so it goes, all right down the way."

There's more in there from Tex Winter but I'll spare you the details, but you can read it here.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/06/02/history_is_in_the_offing/

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think no matter what Kobe ends up on Paul for the fourth quarter.

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think no matter what Kobe ends up on Paul for the fourth quarter.
I expect that too .... unless someone surprising shows up and defends Paul well. I think we'll see Sasha subbing in for Radmanovic and defending Ray Allen while Kobe moves over to SF for the Lakers end of game lineup.

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think Sasha on Ray is a big advantage for Ray.