Author Topic: No National Media Love / Experts Picking LA  (Read 32702 times)

Re: No National Media Love / Experts Picking LA
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2008, 03:21:05 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Funny... ESPN the last couple days have actually been pro-Pierce.  First it was an article about how Paul Pierce played well in LA... and now it's the article "Advantage, C's?" as if it's some crazy idea. 

But really I think they are just trying to reverse jinx the Lakers...

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2008, 04:25:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Awesome ... I LOVE that we're the "Underdogs"! This is all setting up just perfectly for a major upset ... sweet revenge!

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:48 AM »

Offline cuckroller

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Awesome ... I LOVE that we're the "Underdogs"! This is all setting up just perfectly for a major upset ... sweet revenge!

Cute image!  Forget the national media.  No knowledgeable Laker fan, and especially the Laker team members and management buy into this hokum.  If anyone thinks that the Laker team members do not have fresh in their mind the total deconstruction of their offensive sets twice this year by the Celtics, then they are just not too intelligent.  Anyone in L.A., or elsewhere, that believes this hype is just ready for the looney bin.

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2008, 04:46:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Cute image!  Forget the national media.  No knowledgeable Laker fan, and especially the Laker team members and management buy into this hokum.  If anyone thinks that the Laker team members do not have fresh in their mind the total deconstruction of their offensive sets twice this year by the Celtics, then they are just not too intelligent.  Anyone in L.A., or elsewhere, that believes this hype is just ready for the looney bin.

Interesting slant ... I don't seem to get that from the massive amount of "inferior Celtics" posts you guys have made of late. C'mon! You guys spend all this energy verbally "proving" your team's superiority, then say we're not the underdogs?!? I think you're expecting a little too much ... on both ends of the discourse. (And you might want to send this memo to ESPN, TNT, ABC ...)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2008, 04:52:26 AM »

Offline cuckroller

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

Interesting slant ... I don't seem to get that from the massive amount of "inferior Celtics" posts you guys have made of late. C'mon! You guys spend all this energy verbally "proving" your team's superiority, then say we're not the underdogs?!? I think you're expecting a little too much ... on both ends of the discourse. (And you might want to send this memo to ESPN, TNT, ABC ...)

Bahku,
I can not be held responsable for the "homerisms" of either of the two contrasting camps.  I am only responsible for my own comments.  Review them if you like.  I am not generally given to hyperbole or buying into the hype of popular culture.  I call them as I see them, and this even when it places in doubt the possibilities of my own team this year.  Other Laker fans can speak for themselves...

« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2008, 05:09:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Bahku,
I can not be held responsable for the "homerisms" of either of the two contrasting camps.  I am only responsible for my own comments.  Review them if you like.  I am not generally given to hyperbole or buying into the hype of popular culture.  I call them as I see them, and this even when it places in doubt the possibilities of my own team this year.  Other Laker fans can speak for themselves...

Fair enough ... and well-put. I also agree, (though from an obvious alternate direction).  ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Legler is my new favorite Analyst!!!!   ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs

(I'm sure that ESPN forced somebody to pick us, but it is still good to see...)

I'm still thinking C's in 6.

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Tony Kornheiser just picked Lakers in 5 and Wilbon picked Lakers in 7.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Legler is my new favorite Analyst!!!!   ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs

(I'm sure that ESPN forced somebody to pick us, but it is still good to see...)

I'm still thinking C's in 6.

Na', I think he legitly thinks the Celtics are better... he's saying some nice things in ESPN NEWS right now.

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
The national media is always against everything I'm for. And to be perfectly honest I'm kind of glad.

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
John Barry: Celtics in 6.