Author Topic: Laker Fan Here  (Read 6349 times)

Re: Laker Fan Here
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 07:15:17 AM »

Offline FierceLikePaulPierce

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Whatever happens, it's going to be a lot of fun, and a rivalry renewed! You're a brave person, coming into the "enemy's camp", so I'll be respectful for your courage, and for the fair words you put forth, (TP).

You'll most likely get some not-so-nice comments following mine, but don't think we're all bad either, just very hungry, very hard-core, and very dedicated to our boys in green. It's been a bit longer for us, you have to understand, so just regard any negativity sent your way as being "over-zealous" ... and blind love for our beloved Celtics.

It's nothing personal, but you are the enemy, afterall. All the best to you despite the gulf between us, (literally and figuratively), and I hope you're enjoying this as much as we are. I also hope you'll come back and chat after it's all over ... it would be interesting to get your views of the battle, though I'm sure your disappointment over the loss will be taking it's toll.

Anyway ... here's to the War ... may the warriors be true of heart, and diligent of effort. We do consider you a "Worthy" opponent, but it's a shame you don't have a little "Magic" to help you! (I'll stop with the puns ... I'm sure you've had your "Phil").

"From inside the jousters' tent, the sound of the armourers accomplishing the knights ... busy hammers closing rivets up, give dreadful note ... of preparation!"

- Dan Akroyd, "Dr. Detroit"

Bahku, you know I love ya and I'm delirious with joy about this Finals appearance at ten to four in the morning...so somehow your Laker name puns above earned you a TP from me instead of a string of angry emoticons...well, just messing with ya about the emoticons...what a night!   ;D

-sw

I have to admit, Steve, they were really bad, lol! (Forgive me, Bud!) It's got to be the mood I'm in, but my mind is constantly trying to prove to the world how shamelessly simple I am.

I once had a girlfriend, (my first love, actually), who's parents threw me out of their house for making puns ... it was my first dinner there, and not the best of first-impressions. They considered puns as the absolute ultimate proof of idiocy, and it was months before they invited me back for dinner, lol!

As I recall, my girlfriend passed the basket of rolls to me and asked: "Wanna roll?" ... and I cleverly, (so I thought), replied: "Right here?" Can't imagine why they weren't impressed with me after that! Ah ... such is youth!

"Sorry, Bahku, Steve can't repeat a karma action within 1 hours."  Raincheck for ya.  That was worth a laugh  ;D

-sw

I forgot to add what a blessing-in-disguise it ended up being, as it was the first time My girlfriend had made supper, and it was a rather failed experiment with calamari, (squid). I ended up being asked to leave before the main course, and so (thankfully) never had to eat the calamari! (This story is completely true)

Not a calamari guy, Bahku?  I love that stuff...

-sw

I love it deep-fried, but this was some bad experiment with tomato puree and garlic, and while it smelled wonderful, it seemed to still be moving a bit on the platter, and my girlfriend later told me that the rest of her family refused to finish it.

So this isn't considered totally off-subject, I hear calamari is very popular on the West Coast, (how's that for a save?)

That save elicited a TP from this guy

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 08:30:33 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
welcome to celticsblog steez. and a warm welcome to all laker fans who are as humble as you, the trolls and homers will roll in, but they'll roll out just as fast if they don't watch themselves.

good luck in the series, i hope you lose every game ;D

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Keep it civil.  I just had to delete several posts, which went *far* beyond the line of acceptable behavior.  If it happens again, there will be suspensions, and I do *not* want to do that to Celtics fans this week.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Keep it civil.  I just had to delete several posts, which went *far* beyond the line of acceptable behavior.  If it happens again, there will be suspensions, and I do *not* want to do that to Celtics fans this week.

that guy had no right to come in here and talk like that. anyway, nice to see you're on top of things, as per usual, roy.