Author Topic: Sam Cassell is comfortable playing in LA  (Read 3823 times)

Sam Cassell is comfortable playing in LA
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:05:08 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He played his last 3 seasons in LA with the Clippers, who share a stadium with the Lakers. I am sure he is very comfortable in that arena with the shooting background and things like that. I would actually play Eddie House in the first two games at home and see how he did, but if he struggles Doc needs to use Cassell in the games in LA .

Re: Sam Cassell is comfortable playing in LA
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 03:13:58 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Oh come on, Cassell has earned himself a nice seat on the bench ... that's it.  Has he made a shot since game 1 vs. Cleveland?  Also, he seems to turn it over 2 times every game ... in about 8 minutes.  That's a horrible ratio.  Eddie should get all backup PG minutes.  But, I like Rondo going all these extra minutes.  The C's will have 6 days to rest now, and there are 2 games during the finals where they will have 2 days off between games, so a shorter bench won't kill them.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 03:26:35 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
He played his last 3 seasons in LA with the Clippers, who share a stadium with the Lakers. I am sure he is very comfortable in that arena with the shooting background and things like that. I would actually play Eddie House in the first two games at home and see how he did, but if he struggles Doc needs to use Cassell in the games in LA .

That's actually a really good point. Sam did play their the last 3 years.  To be honest it could prove useful.  I mean I think Delonte West had such a great series because he played for Boston the past few season's before he got traded and that was why he shot so well.  I agree House should get the home calls, and see time on the road but if he struggles bring in Sam and see if he can do anything. 

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 04:02:20 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sam's always comfortable ... no matter where he plays, as long as he can pound the ball and look for his bricks to launch. Sorry, but Sam should be reserved for "garbage time" ... period.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 06:46:29 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I thought of that this morning while I was in bed.  Actually on a side note, I woke up and my first thought was "Celtics-Lakers" and that gave me a huge grin.  I still can't believe we're in the Finals baby!

Anyway I thought that Sam might be a little more comfortable playing in LA since he was with the Clippers for a long time but I think his recent woes takes precedence over his history with LA.  A carcass on the floor doesn't really help our team, even if it has played in the Staples Center.  I definitely would go with Eddie.

Any word about TA? Will he be able to play in this series?

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:00:52 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Actually, I've been impressed with the way Doc is handling Sam the last few games. Gives him a chance, then when he sucks yet again, gives him a quick hook.
Doc's patience with Ray is paying off(I would have cut his minutes severely, shows what I know), and I really don't mind him playing Sam for a few minutes each game just to see if he can get something going. Difference between Sam and Ray though is about six years, so Sam may just be too old.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i'm hoping sam cassell will give farmar a good lesson. he's able to do it, now he just needs to execute. i'm confident in his ability.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 09:45:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
3-for-his-last-30.

It's getting to the point where Sam's 1-for-5 last night was a good night for him.  :P

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:22:03 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Honestly, I have my doubts about Sam being able to handle the defensive pressure of the Laker guards.  My guess is that Eddie will get more run than sam.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »

Offline jbj5

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
The only place in LA that I'm comfortable with Cassell being is on the bench

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 11:05:13 AM »

Offline jblaze

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'd rather see Rondo get 40-42 minutes (if he stays out of foul trouble) and bring House in when he needs a rest.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hopefully he will be comfortable and everyone knows sitting is more comfortable than standing. I don't want to see him on the court. I'm not sure LA has the personnel to pressure Eddy that causes him not to play. (I guess fisher is a good defender but Farmar is just ok and neither can defend like the Pistons back court can.)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Eddie played in that arena for a season as well.  I think this is a great matchup for him.  The Lakers don't have anyone in the backcourt to pressure the ball like the Pistons did.  I expect him to get some good quality minutes and knock down 2 or 3 huge shots this series.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Cassell is a big time big shot maker.

He will be ready.

He is obviously passed his prime but he can still hit a big shot if we struggle offensively from the bench.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I used to like to say:

I LOVE SAM!!

But lately I've had to dig deeper and deeper to find my love for Sam.  I've been a fan his whole career, but his Celtics stint has a been a wee bit disappointing.  If being comfy in LA helps great.  Last night he was missing shots he has routinely hits throughout his career.  These were not forced shots.  He was front rimming 10 footers.

No worries.  I've brushed up on some reading and I'm still feeling the love for Sam.

Yup