Author Topic: Much respect for certain Pistons  (Read 6346 times)

Re: Much respect for certain Pistons
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I feel bad for McDeysse.  The rest of the starters have a ring and out of all of them he played the hungriest, most consistent and best.  Seeing him on the bench dejected at the end of the game I felt for him.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I have a lot of respect for nearly every Piston.

Rip Hamilton is my favourite, I love watching him play. Who knows maybe some day we can find a way to get him a Celtics uniform, I'd love that. He's the standout for me.

Prince is the only Piston that annoys me. Oh Jarvis Hayes too. But dislike would be too strong a word. More neutral than anything.

Under no circumstances should this ever happen. I would not be able to stand watching him whine and cry and cheat for 82+ games a year, regardless of whether or not it's to our advantage. I'd like to think Boston has a little more integrity than that.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
I feel bad for McDeysse. 

What's his contract status?  If PJ doesnt come back, wonder if he might be interested in some run?  (assuming, of course, we are able to offer a vet big after taking care of Posey, etc)

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
What's his contract status?  If PJ doesnt come back, wonder if he might be interested in some run?  (assuming, of course, we are able to offer a vet big after taking care of Posey, etc)

He appears to be a free agent:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/detroit.htm

If so, once Posey is taken care of, I'd absolutely LOVE to sign him as our backup big man.  I think he's got more in the tank than PJ too.  Is he friends with anyone on the Celtics?  Since he does seem  to have a good rapport with the Pistons.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Rip Hamilton = Reggie Miller: you absolutely hate him, but if there was a chance to bring him aboard you'd do it in 2 seconds...

McDyess is the one guy I kinda sorta maybe feel bad for, until I think about how he shoulda signed with us a few years back, and who did we get? Gugliotta?

Stucky and Maxiell are both gonna be big time players, hopefully not for the Pistons!

Maxiell may be the next Jermaine O'Neal the ways he's developed from last year to this...he's an absolute beast

Stucky could be the next D. Wade, clutch as heck, great midrange game, can take it to the basket...

The Pistons were a great test for us, and we passed with flying colors - 2 wins in their house, kept it to 6 games, can't ask for more
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 12:17:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

He appears to be a free agent:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/detroit.htm

If so, once Posey is taken care of, I'd absolutely LOVE to sign him as our backup big man.  I think he's got more in the tank than PJ too.  Is he friends with anyone on the Celtics?  Since he does seem  to have a good rapport with the Pistons.
McDyess signed a two year deal last summer after opting out. Hoopshype just hasn't updated it's page. So Dice is under contract for one more year.

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 01:10:50 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I have respect for Walter Herrmann. The guy in the dapper suit.

I bet that guy does not have any problems getting a date. And from what I saw from his days in Charlotte, the guy can actually play some ball.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird