Poll

What is the biggest story line of the upcoming Celtics VS Lakers Finals??

1. Celtics VS Lakers history
19 (65.5%)
2. Paul Pierce going against his hometown team
0 (0%)
3. The Big 3 trying to win their 1st title.
8 (27.6%)
5. Kobe trying to Prove he can win a title as the #1 star
2 (6.9%)
6. Phil Jackson trying to break the record for championships won
0 (0%)
4. There's a Walton invloved, but on the Lakers side this time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: What is the biggest story line of the upcoming Celtics VS Lakers Finals??  (Read 5119 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Think of all the story lines for this upcoming finals , what are you looking forward to the most

1. Celtics VS Lakers history
2. Paul Pierce going against his hometown team
3. The Big 3 trying to win their 1st title.
4. There's a Walton invloved, but on the Lakers side this time
5. Kobe trying to Prove he can win a title as the #1 star
6. Phil Jackson trying to break the record for championships won       
   by a coach( he is currently tied with Red Aurbach)

Any other story lines I left out?

This is going to be a great final, what do you guys think is the biggest story line?

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm not sure there's a central storyline, but sort of a combo between celtic/lakers rivalry renewed + big 3 trying to win 1st title together + Kobe vs. the world = a dream matchup
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Any other story lines I left out?

all great points rondo....one think i thought of with regards to this season was lamar's foul on ray. i wanted to reach thru the tv and ring his uri ram neck!

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
~doc finally gets his much derserved respect~

i waitin on that 1

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It will be Kobe.

Even before tonight, I heard them talking on the radio if Kobe wins a title, he is in the discussion with Jordon as Greatest of all time.

One more reasons to look forward to a Celtics win. 

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Where is the good versus evil option?

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
KG will be seperated from the Big Three and there'll be a lot of KG specific stories about him leading the team to the title.

I expect we'll see all those storylines we expected earlier in the year from analysts in pumping up KG for MVP to actually happen now. (I'm having a lot of trouble wording that sentence, I give up, you get my drift)

(1) Kobe
(2) KG
(3) Boston-Lakers History
(4) Good for NBA business because all us fans love reading those stories instead of basketball articles. They are so much more interesting.

I think those four will be the frontrunners with all the others mentioned above happening also.

...... By the way I've been seeing some Phil Jackson to finish ahead of Bill Russell for championships, not Red. A couple writers thinking he'll beat 11 rings after this Lakers team is finished.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
KG will be seperated from the Big Three and there'll be a lot of KG specific stories about him leading the team to the title.

I expect we'll see all those storylines we expected earlier in the year from analysts in pumping up KG for MVP to actually happen now. (I'm having a lot of trouble wording that sentence, I give up, you get my drift)

(1) Kobe
(2) KG
(3) Boston-Lakers History
(4) Good for NBA business because all us fans love reading those stories instead of basketball articles. They are so much more interesting.

I think those four will be the frontrunners with all the others mentioned above happening also.

...... By the way I've been seeing some Phil Jackson to finish ahead of Bill Russell for championships, not Red. A couple writers thinking he'll beat 11 rings after this Lakers team is finished.

I don't know, after watching about an hour of Espn (NBA fastbreak then Sportscenter) it seems like it is all about Pierce, not KG. 

But it raises an interesting point -- Celtics have been successful because of the unselfish play of the big three.  Doc needs to keep instilling Ubuntu, so that PP, Ray, KG are all given the respect they deserve and keep believing and supporting in each other.

Besides, what better way to counter the individual, Kobe-led Lakers than the team-oriented, Ubuntu Celtics?

Ubuntu!
Celtics fan for life.

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

i like this one!   :)

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I second that and here's a TP for calling it. That's exactly how I see it, at least.

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
How about the Celtics trying to overcome Chris Wallace yet again? First as the worst GM in team history and then donating our arch rivals a perfect fit and their 2nd best player for absolutely nothing?

He's like the evil genius in the movies who, just when you think you buried him for good, comes up with one last ingenious plan to ruin you.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Celtics attempting to beat both the Lakers and the anti-Celtic NBA Officials!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Oh wait, I remember there was a lot of people on this board who actually thought that Memphis got the better end of that deal. Wow. Its like saying Dresdner got the better end of the bombing...

Offline asterix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

I second that and here's a TP for calling it. That's exactly how I see it, at least.

Yes! Here's a third vote for that one

Offline chibi

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
This is going to be a contrast in styles.  However, I don't think the Lakers win this series without playing well defensively; specifically, they have to control the backboards and deny the Celtics 2nd Shot opportunities.  For Boston, they need to be a bit more efficient offensively; all the advantages their stellar defense gives them is all for naught if they shoot poorly. 

As a longtime Laker fan, I am looking forward to a good series.  Good luck, Celtics.